"Hey, Lance," Gabriel makes space for Lance to stand next to him.

"Hey, Gabe. So yeah, Max...you got that thing for me?" Lance asks excitedly.

"How are you even going to use this on the field, Lance? It's going to slow you down." Max shakes his head and leaves Gabriel's box on the counter. Reaching behind the black curtains, he pulls out a huge gun that resembles a Gatling gun.

"Whoa!" Gabriel moves out of the way so Max can pull the whole thing out and hand it to Lance, who is looking happier than a schoolgirl getting her first car.

"Oh, Max! You have outdone yourself. This is perfect for the field. Well, I'll see you guys at the game this weekend. We're the first game against the Boltbirds." Lance points at the heavy gun. It begins to levitate and follow him.

"Later, guys. Thanks again, Max!" He waves and exits through the doors.

"Well, here you go, Gabriel. Sorry about that. Lance has been waiting for that since the year started. Don't know what he is going to do with that thing on the field." Max hands Gabriel his box. Gabriel opens it and gasps. The saber is silver with a red hilt.

"Thanks, Max!" Gabriel grips the saber and executes a few quick swings.

"That should speed you up, I guess," Max say scratching his head.

When Gabriel leaves, he finds Leo climbing the stairs and looking really excited.

"I just saw Lance, man. He had some type of gun behind him. I bet he has got a big plan for the game."

"Leo, you still haven't told me the rules of the game," Gabriel reminds him.

"Oh you're right! You know what? Let's grab Elu and go to the coliseum and I'll show you," Leo said. When the boys find Elu, she is practicing her Will with Master Lee.

"The only reason why I'm going with you guys is because Gabe hasn't seen the game before," Elu mutters while blasting a red bolt from her fingertips at a floating target.

"Ms. Redbird, you really have mastered that basic Nis Foe spell." Master Lee says approvingly while glancing at the shattered target.

When the three finally make it past a series of friends, they head for the giant coliseum that is located behind the tower. It's massive and the size of a football field.

"Why is this so huge?" Gabriel asks.

"Because people from the Ranch and Witchclock come to watch sometimes depending on who's playing." There are six banners flying around the entrance of the coliseum. Each s diifferent from the next.

"So, the first banner is for the Boltbirds; their colors are gold and blue. The second banner is the 'Snakeskins' and their color is obviously emerald green. Next is the Hollowfaires, whose colors are orange and black. The next one is the Harpiedusters and theirs is purple. Then the best team in all the world-- the Bloodsheds! Their colors glow crimson red. The last team is Hydrahydra, and you can see they're sapphire blue," Leo explained while pointing from flag to flag. "I think the Boltbirds are practicing right now. We should be able to slip through over here." The three are about to enter when there is a large *Boom* from the inside.

"What was that?" Elu cries out.

"That was one of the earth fists!" Leo squeals. "We got to get in there," he continues while speeding toward the entrance.

"I don't believe you three are supposed to be here," sneers a familiar, nasty voice. Master Winton approaches from behind. "Practices are closed to non-players. Wouldn't want you going off telling other teams plays, hmm?"