Untitled Part

A tear drop escaped from king Janak's eyes and fell on the new born's hand. He wiped it off. Chandrabaga rolled her eyes around the room as if searching for something " Where is Mandavi? I thought she was here with you" she asked. It was just then Kushadhwaj realised that his little daughter Mandavi has gone somewhere without being noticed by anyone. "She was here when you came in with the baby" said Kushadhwaj. Where has this girl gone now? Chandrabaga asked impatiently. Janak who was watching all this called a maid and asked her to find Mandavi and get her to them. He then called another maid and ordered her to inform princess Sita about the birth of her cute little sister and also about the well-being of the queen as she was so worried about it. Just then Sita came there running smiling widely as ever following her came Mandavi. Janak smiled proudly seeing their sisterly bond and so did the others. Sita went near Janak who still had the baby in his hands. He knelt down to show her the baby. Sita smiled affectionately seeing her baby sister. When Janak tried to place the baby in Sita's lap she moved away shocking everyone. So Janak asked "Why dear don't you wanna hold your sister?" Sita said innocently" No pitashri she's so soft what if she gets hurt?" "No no putri you won't ever hurt her anyway. See she's waiting for you dear" Saying so Janak placed the baby in Sita's lap and stroked her hair with one hand while holding the baby with the other hand. Sita smiled affectionately seeing her cute little baby sister. Just then maid came in and said " Maharaj the queen has gained consciousness ". So they all went in the room to see her. Janak went forward and sat besides Sunnaina in the corner of the bed. She turned her head slightly and saw the baby and her eyes were filled with tears and she cried profusely. Seeing the couple share an emotional moment Chandrabaga signaled her husband to leave and give the couple some privacy while she took the girls with her to feed them. They all left the room leaving only the couple and the newborn baby in the room. Janak gave her a comforting embrace and wiped her tears off he made her sit up slowly on the bed and placed the baby in her lap. Sunnaina took the baby and tears started flowing once again from her eyes. Janak asked her not to cry as it is time for celebration. She nodded approvingly and he made her lie down again and she fell asleep in seconds as she was so tired. Janak took the baby and placed her in the cradle and went to join the others in the dining room.  

                                              ***************************

In the dining  room everyone sat down to have dinner and the maids served them. They begun eating after thanking the god for giving them the food. But today Sita thanked him wholeheartedly for an extra reason and that is for giving her such a cute little sister who will be her soulmate and whom she would take good care of all her life. She put her thoughts aside and came back to reality  hearing someone calling her. And soon realized that it was Mandavi asking her why she was not having food. Before she could even answer Chandrabhaga  came and sat besides her took a piece of roti and started feeding her and Mandavi she said "no more talking now both of you just have your dinner and sleep for we have to celebrate the birth of your baby sister tomorrow and I and your papa should make a lot of arrangements before tomorrow's dawn. Celebrations! Exclaimed Mandavi. Yes of course smiled Chandrabhaga happy to see her daughters getting super excited about it but her smile vanished as she saw Mandavi jumping up and down in excitement " Stop jumping now and have your food and remember having a celebration also means waking up early in the morning" Chandrabhaga said with fake seriousness in face and tone. Mandavi groaned at the thought of waking up early but didn't mind much as she was happy to have a little sister whom she can play with, talk to and sometimes bully too. Little did she know that her little sister will be so very clever to be bullied.

Next part: Celebrations!