Chapter 3

Karen's p.o.v.

A week after sneaking into my dads office with Zayn, my dad returned from his business trip in Colombia he had been oddly distant with me which is strange because we had always been very close. "hey so I have some news," he says sticking his fork into the steak on his plate and slicing it with his knife

I arch an eyebrow and swallow the remaining piece of meat left in my mouth before answering "about?" I question watching as he cleared his before speaking "well... um, how would you feel about moving to Colombia?" He says sipping from his wine.

I smile "that would be great! It would take some adjusting, i would for sure miss Mexico and Zayn the most but it sounds like fun" I respond with a smile "are we moving or what?" I ask and continue to drink from my Coke.

He shakes his head "I am staying here but you're moving..." he says clearing his throat again i stare at him wide eyed and laugh "nice joke dad" I say and shove some mash potatoes into my mouth "Karen, I'm not joking. You leave in a week" he says not making eye contact with me.

My chest begins to go up and down rapidly "what do you mean I'm moving?!" I question angrily "I- It's a business deal that's going on just please be understanding you could potentially be there for about a year maybe longer" he says attempting to plead with me "that's fucking bullshit! What does your 'business' have to do with me?!"

"Hey, Don't talk to me like that! You're leaving next week, you're going to fucking behave and that's final!" My dad shouted dropping with silver wear on the table I angrily stand from the table and leave to my bedroom

****

Zayn was furious about the spontaneous decision to move me to Colombia and promised me he wouldn't let me leave anywhere, as much as I want to believe that I know it's not going to happen.

Days passed and my dad and I have yet to say a word to each other ever since that night at the dinner table. We just walked pass each other when our paths would cross as if we were two strangers. I want to know what's going on so I can be more understanding of the situation but he just refuses to say anything. It's beginning to feel the same way it did before my parents decided to get a divorce.

"Just wanted to let you know your flight is at 3:00pm tomorrow. So... umm... yeah, if you have any last minute items to pack do that now" my dad says sticking his head into my room. I ignore him and continue tossing things into my suit case.

***

"Flight 267 to Colombia will be boarding now, flight 267 to Colombia is boarding now" A woman speaks over the intercom

"I am so sorry about this" my dad says giving me a tight hug that i return "please dad? This is your last chance to tell me what's going on" he sighs "you know I can't do that just please be safe okay?" He says with a smile I nod and give him one last hug before boarding the plane.

***hi guys I hope y'all enjoyed this vote and comment your thoughts!!!!**