Chapter Nineteen

"Shh.... come with me" Seb whispered and pulled her away from the door and into the kitchen. "You can't do that, it's dangerous. The people me and Jim have meetings with are very dangerous people. When we have meetings you should really stay upstairs ..... just in case" he sighed. Elena sighed "I'm sorry, my curiously takes over. Will Jim be long? I'm starving" which made Seb smile "don't worry we can make something or order something in, Jim shouldn't be too long now" he said opening the fridge. "What do you fancy?"
She wondered over to look with him "umm probably best ordering something" she laughed "and I will go shopping tomorrow" she smiled "yeah I'll give you my card" Seb said getting his phone out "pizza? Indian? Chinese? What do you fancy? I'll get you anything" she sat at the table and thought for a while "fancy sharing a massive pizza? Vegetarian is my favourite"
"Yeah sure" he smiled and tapped away at his phone "it should be here in the next hour" he said coming to sit next to her.
Jim and the man in his office were screaming for another half an hour before making him leave and coming into the kitchen with a huff "fucking idiots. All of them." He said running his hand through his hair clearly stressed and annoyed. "Are you okay?" Elena asked coming over to him. "Yes fine" he grumbled. "Are you sure? We ordered pizza if you wa....." Jim cut her off mid sentence "I don't want pizza!" He snapped "for fuck sake.... get out of my way" he said walking passed her and out into the garden slamming the door behind him. Elena stood still not knowing what to do. She teared up but before Seb could come over to her she walked off upstairs and locked the room door. How dare he treat her like that. She didn't even do anything wrong. Was this how it was all the time when he was working?. She curled up on her bed while Seb went to talk to Jim.
"It's Magnussen ...." Jim mumbled "he's getting under my skin" he said angrily "I just need him out of my way but his business is almost as big as ours now and I don't want anyone to target us right now ..... Elena could get hurt" he said taking a long drag of his cigarette. "Well if you scream at Elena then she might not stay long enough for you to worry about her" he said glancing over at him. Jim stopped and looked down "I didn't mean to..... I just .... ugh.... " he said putting his head in his hands "I'll talk to her" he said throwing his cigarette on the floor. "Have dinner im going out for a bit" he said walking off before Seb could answer.
Seb walked upstairs and knocked on the door "Elena? Its Seb.... can you let me in?" He said waiting for an answer which he didn't get but after a few minutes of silence she got up and opened the door looking up at him. "Come here" he said scooping her up in his arms and carrying her to the bed to sit down "he didn't mean it, he's just stressed and I know it's not an excuse..... but he's not always like this" he said running her back "yeah well he was a dick." She frowned "just let him do what he wants" she said rolling off of his lap and lay on the bed "well let's not stay moody al night, I'm here" he said leaning over her and kissed her "yeah I know" she smiled a little. "I'll go get the pizza and some drinks, you tuck yourself in and choose a film" he said kissing her head and went downstairs to wait for the pizza. After a while Seb came back up and placed the pizza on the bed and drinks on the side "you look comfy" he laughed looking at Elena curled up in the middle with blankets and pillows "I am" she smiled and sat up opening the box while Seb kicked his shoes off and got in next to her.
After they finished Seb went back down to take the box out to the bin and wash up the cups. Elena sighed as she curled back up unaware that Jim had come home again and made his way upstairs. "Ella......" Jim said from outside the door "can I come in?" He said peering through the gap in the door "do what you want it's your house" she mumbled. He sighed and pushed the door open more and came in "I'm really sorry about before ..... I didn't mean to..." he said coming over to her "Elena..." he crawled to lean over her "you can't stay mad at me forever" he said while she looked up at him "please? I'm sorry, I mean it" he said leaning down to her and Elena couldn't help but give into him and kiss him back when his lips touched hers. "I'm sorry" he mumbled on her lips. "Shut up..." she said pulling him closer. "Wait wait...." he laughed and pulled back "I got you something, to make up for me being an arse" he said glancing over at the pink bag. "Want to open it now?" Elena looked between him and the bag "you got me something? What for? I thought you already got me everything" she laughed. "It's to help say sorry, I though you might like it so...." he sat back up and passed her the bag. She smiled and took out a Tiffany box "Jim...." she said a bit shocked before she could even open it. "Don't .... just open it" he said sitting back and watched her. She quickly took the ribbon off and opened the box.

"Jim!" She squealed "they're amazing! I love them" she said excitedly "can I put them in now?" She said looking at them closely

"Jim!" She squealed "they're amazing! I love them" she said excitedly "can I put them in now?" She said looking at them closely. "Course you can, here let me help" he said moving her hair out of the way to show her neck and ear. He put one earring in for her and kissed her neck while she put the other in. "How do they look?" She smiled as she faced him. "Gorgeous .... everything does on you" he smiled and kissed her softly. But because of Jim worrying about Magnussen that's as far as it went, no make up sex like Elena was expecting. She didn't mention anything but she slept between Seb and Jim peacefully.