Chapter 19: Sales

May 27th, 2017

Fallon screamed as she threw glass across the cabin. Blood rushed to her face and anger filled her veins. She was furious.

"What do you mean, we're missing one?!"

"We've only counted 31, boss!" The man said with a hint of fright.

She growled and grabbed him by his collar. "Then count again." She said, not even a centimeter away from his face.

"W-we counted ten times, boss!" He said, his cheeks growing hot.

Fallon scowled, then grinned evilly. "My my, what punishment should I give you, then?"

The man trembled at the thought of what Fallon can do to him. She suddenly slammed her lips against his. 

~~~

Fallon straightened her hair and fixed the buttons on her shirt. She smiled at the snoring man on her bed. She took one of her poisons, and put on a gas mask. She set it off and locked the sealed door behind her. He would be dead within a couple hours. She grinned to herself and giggled. It wasn't the most dastardly thing she had done, not even close. She found it quite funny. She found the poor soul's room and locked it after entering it, claiming it now as hers. "Those brats will be traded for all the money I need to replace him, and oh so much more." She smirked to herself before drifting into her guarded sleep.

She woke up the next morning, feeling sick. She mumbled curse words and took some acid reducer, along with ginger ale. Hopefully that would help with the sea sickness. She got into her best business dress, a low cut, spaghetti strap black dress. She put on her black wedges and matching makeup with jewelry. She put her hair up professionally as well. One so high in the black market must look presentable. As she exited her room she saw the crew unloading the children. They clung to each other like a baby to its mother. She smirked and walked over to the unloading bay. 

She can't say she was surprised to see Melody and Levin at the back, making sure they were all there and unharmed. Both of them were bloodied and bruised, their uniforms torn here and there. They were loaded onto another truck, a much smaller one, and they were taken to the meeting place. 

~~~

We were in another truck. It was pretty cold in there, and crowded. A couple of the men flipped my skirt as a joke. I didn't think it was funny. I felt uncomfortable. But I couldn't show it. Everyone there needed me to be strong. So that's what I'd be. Papa would find us. I know he would. Or, I think he would. I shook my head. Of course he's coming, Melody. She reassured herself. 

About an hour later, the doors opened and the men forced us out. We were all put into an assembly line. One by one, our hair was cut, wounds healed with magic, and given clothes. Girls were given dresses while boys were given shorts with a shirt. They were all brown. Girls' hair was cut to shoulder length and straightened, while boys' hair was buzz cut off. We were given tags with numbers on them, and in the numbers contained our age. Our old clothing was disintegrated. 

They fed us each warm water and a slice of toast. Then we were once again dragged to a new location. It was dark out, and we were shoved in a dimly lit room. We were ordered to line up, oldest to youngest. Levin and I were somewhere in the middle. It became despicably, utterly clear soon that they had no intention on keeping any of us together. When it came time for my bidding, I squeezed Levin's hand before they dragged me away. I had tears in my eyes, but did not let them out. I glared at Fallon with hatred as we passed her. She gave me an insane smile and it sent shivers down my spine.

~~~

Fallon was in love with watching all of the children be bid off, one by one. She saw Melody shudder as she passed her. That little wretch would get what she deserved. The bidding went on for another two hours before they were all sold. She smirked to herself. She would be swimming in cash. She and her men went back to the boat and she got into something more comfortable, and joined them all in celebration with drinks, smoking and gambling. She didn't drink much, as she had to plan their next target. She soon passed out in the middle of her scheme.

Written on her notebook, was the name of the girl who got away.

| Feeling much better now, and congrats! Now there's only ten chapters left! Muahahahaahaha! |