06

Skipping a year because Luke disappeared.

Willow.

I sat down, next to Michael, who I had been dating for almost a year now. He wrapped his arm around me and Cindy scowled.

I rolled my eyes starting to eat. All conversations came to a halt as they all stared at something behind me. I turned around and my heart stopped. Luke.

I stayed in my seat, although all I wanted to do was run to him. He had been missing for a year now, and here he was.

He looked over at me and sent me a smile. I sent one back before turning around and starting a conversation with Kayla.

All day, he had been trying to avoid me, I could tell. I didn't mind, I was doing the same. I sat down in my seat in last period, when he walked in. Flawless skin, alluring smile, beautiful aura, the same Luke I remember. His eyes met mine and I looked away quickly.

He was a piece of my past, and Michael is a piece of my present. He sat down next to me and pulled out paper and a pencil. "Hey," He whispered and I almost smiled. He was always scared of getting in trouble for talking in class. "Look, I know I left on bad terms, but can we start over? I, I uh, I miss my best friend." He said and my heart skipped a beat.

I turned to him and smiled as wide as I could. "No." I said, turning back to the board. It's not that I wanted to loose him, he was alot to me.

"Look, theres a carnival in town tonight. Go with me, if you have a horrible time, I'll take you home immediately." He said, basically begging. I felt my heart skip again.

"Okay." I agreed. "Maybe if I have a good time, we can hang out more." I stated, starting to scribble down the notes on the board.

I rushed into my room, frailing around to find a decent outfit. I pick it out, smiling. My phone signals a message and I peek over at it.

Mikey
Hanging with Ash tonight. Wyd?

I quickly typed a text back, smiling.

Willow
Just going out with an old friend to the carnival. Getting ready, so talk later (:

I ran to the shower, turning it on and my eyes caught that hair dye box I bought about two months ago. My smile grew as I grabbed it. Soon I was stepping in the shower. I did my business while my mind over thought things.

What if you kiss Luke? What if you realize you still love Luke? Are you going to abandon Michael? After all he's done to help?

I took deep breathes and dismissed the thoughts, getting out and plugging my blow dryer up. I slipped the towel around my body, drying off. I grabbed the floral crop top, sliding it over my bra. I slipped my black leggings over my panties, the tip of the leggings meeting right under my cropped shirt. I smiled, drying my hair fairly quickly.

I plugged up my curling wand, letting it slowly heat up. I smiled and immediately began curling my now blue hair. I stared at it once I was finished, smiling. My once bright blonde locks, were now a pretty baby blue. I grabbed my pouch of make up and applied light eyeliner, and mascara. I debated on eyeshadow but decided against it and smiled at my reflection.

I ran back to my room, grabbing a pair of white sandles, which matched my shirt. I slid them on my feet and there was a knock downstairs.

I walked down, and opened the door. My heart pace quickened rapidly as I stared at the boy I once thought I loved. He stared the same way at me, until I cleared my throat. He looked away, blushing. "Are you ready to go? And nice hair." I smiled at him before nodding, slipping my phone in my back pocket, following him to his car.

We got to the carnival not too long after, making the car ride less awkward. I got out and smiled, tons of memories with Kayla flooding back.

He walked up and met me at the line. "You look, amazing." He said, breathlessly, making my smile grow.

"You don't look bad yourself, Hemmings." I teased, turning my attention onto the lady and handed her a twenty only for Luke to take it quickly. He handed her two twenties of his own and handed me mine back. She handed him his ten back, giving us two bracelets. I smiled and we raced off inside. We looked around and began talking about which ride to ride first.

He pulled me to a merry-go-round, showing our bracelets before leading me onto it. I laughed at such a childish choice. I climbed onto the unicorn-horse thing, and smiled over at Luke. The ride began going, making me yell in fear.

Luke threw his head back laughing and I smacked him lightly on the shoulder. "Shut up, I didn't know we were going yet." I said, making him laugh again.

"Yeah, okay." He teased, smiling as the ride got slightly faster, his horse sliding up and down, excitement in his eyes. I always knew Luke was a kid at heart, and this just proved it.

We exitted off the ride for the fifth time and I pulled Luke to a different one before he could get back on, again. "Wait, one more time!" He yelled, making me laugh.

"You've said that the last three times." I stated, making him pout.

"I promise just one more." He tried to bargin but I didn't want to ride that ride again.

"You said that the last two times. Come on, Luke. There's plenty more rides here. Don't waste it on just one ride." I exclaimed, bouncing up and down with excitement. We both walked up to a ride that was extremely tall and went up really slow before shooting down really fast. "Hellraiser?" I read aloud and Luke ran into the ride gates, pulling me along as he hopped into the seat, buckling in.

I did the same, my stomach a little quesy. The ride began starting to go up and I began to panic. "Hey, I want off, stop." I said, rushed.

They laughed at me. "Don't panic, you'll do great. Have fun!" They said and I began to get more frantic.

"Hey," Luke said, softly, making me look over at him. He held his hand out to me and I stared at it for a moment before taking it into my own. I closed my eyes as we went higher and higher. I opened my eyes and saw an absolutely gorgeous sight.

"Amazing isn't it?" Luke said, smiling at the view. My heart skipped a beat at him. I nodded and turned my gaze away from him.

"Yes, Luke. I love it, I love it here. Thank you for bringing me." I said smiling. He smiled back, and stared over at me.

"It's not problem, I wanted to." He said, and added along to his sentence. "You're so beautiful." He said and my cheeks reddened. "I lov-" Just then, the ride made a sound and we dropped down quickly, making my grip on Luke's hand tighten. The workers smiled at me and I glared.

"See, you made it." One of the commented, making me scowl.

"Fuck you." I said, following Luke out of the ride. "Lets go ride the twister."

That whole night was spent riding stupid rides, playing pointless games, eating unhealthy food, and laughing at anything and everything. It felt right and I felt happy. Soon, the carnival was closed and we had to leave, making me frown.

I loved how the night had gone and I didn't want it to stop. I had so much fun, I didn't want it to stop. "Hey, if you want, we can come tomorrow?" Luke offered and I accepted.

We got in the car and drove the short drive back to my place. He walked me up to the door and I smiled. "I had an amazing time with you, Luke." I said, giggling.

He smiled at me and rubbed his habds together nervously, "I had a great time too, Willy." He said, making my eyes fill with tears.

I wrapped my arms tightly around him, starting to cry. He just held me there and let me cry. I cried for so long I didn't know why I was even crying. I pulled away and smiled at him. I opened my mouth to explain but he stopped me.

"I understand, sensitive." He laughed lightly. He leaned in slowly, making my heart race. His lips came in contact with my cheek, making me relax. "Goodnight, Willow." He said, smiling.

I waved him goodbye and watched his car drive off. "Goodnight, Luke."