Chapter Twenty-Eight

A couple feet away from me, Randall swung back and forth, dangling by his tail, just as I had done moments before to save him.

Except, when he got hold of me, it would be game over.

My legs began to tremble. I was on the verge of collapse, losing my grip on the buzzing metal strip.

Yet I held on.

* * *

"Sulley, what do we do!?" Mike cried. They now stood directly below Randall and Boo.

Sullivan panted, his eyes zig zagging from Boo, to Randall, to the door. "I'll catch her."

"What?!"

Sullivan turned to his companion. "Mike, I'll catch her!"

"Sulley, you don't know what you're doing! If you catch her the wrong way, you will die."

"Well I guess we'll find out!" Sullivan cupped his hands around his mouth and screamed up at the dangling child. "BOO! LET GO!"

"WHAT?" she called back. "ARE YOU CRAZY?"

"BOO I WILL CATCH YOU! I WILL CATCH YOU! YOU MUST LET GO!"

* * *

Is he crazy??

I closed my eyes.

Calm down. Calm down.

Inhale through the nose—

"ACK!"

Nope, nope that won't work. That defiantly doesn't work. I immediately regret this decision.

Stupid pneumonia.

If I live through this, I am SOO getting a tissue.

My knees buckled, the muscles in my legs about to give out. 

Do not let go.

* * *

As Sullivan continued to beg her to let go, Mike began to jump up in down in hysteria, tugging at Sullivan's arm. "Sul, look look look!"

* * *

As the line I was clinging to began to shake. I lifted my head up to see what was happening.

An incoming door was racing towards me.

* * *

"BOO! LET GO!"

"NEVER!"

"IF YOU DON'T, IT WILL KILL YOU!"

"I CAN'T!"

"BOO, I PROMISE I WILL CATCH YOU!"

* * *

The door flew closer and closer with each thud of my heart, swaying back and forth from its sheer speed.

Randall remained on fixated on me, determined to tear me from my grip and hurtle me over to my death. With his every swing, I came closer in reach.

I must remain calm.

I must not react.

I must not let go.

* * *

"BOO! I WILL SAVE YOU!"

* * *

The door was seconds from slamming into me with the force of a train. Randall's horrible fingers were now mere inches from me.

I cannot let go.

I will not let go.

I will not... Will not...

My legs' grip released.

I slipped away into the abyss.

A split second after I let go, the door whizzed passed, right where I had been dangling.

Seeing that I had let go, Randall awoke from his blind rage and looked up.

"What the— AH!"

The speeding door smashed into Randall.

His tail went limp, no longer curled around the door track.

The door zipped away, carrying with it the departed foe like a bug on a windshield.

* *

My matted hair whipped across my face, my gut in my throat.

As I plummeted to my death, terror gripped my heart. I closed my eyes, darkness consuming me, ears drumming.

A gong rang in my head.

My reality evanesced into darkness.