"Of course, I know. I know him as well as you, Lucy and I have heard things being said. I am not as dumb as I look." Emily stated stubbornly.

At that Cat looked up protesting. "Of course not! You don't look dumb at all," she exclaimed affronted. It took both Emily and Lucy a moment, but they caught on to her meaning and laughed. With twins, the insult of one's looks affronted just as easily the other.

Lucy sobered up after a bit, and stated with some finality. "Jace is a player, Emily and that's that."

But her sisterly concern was overridden with cry of protest. "Oh no, Lucy. How can you say that? I thought Jace was your best friend. You more than anyone should support me on this."

Lucy thought back to her friend and his impressive good looks and couldn't help muttering, "Fuck, Jace!"

"Lucy!"

Emily's cry drew her attention reluctantly back to her.

"Yes?" Lucy's resigned sigh was clearly involuntary, but it still served to set off another wholly of unwanted declaration.

"Jace Neil is a dream. I can't imagine my life without him." There was just the right touch of drama to her voice to ignite a flare of gold to Lucy's own tawny gaze. The possessive streak she had trouble hiding when it came to her best friend Jace, now rose its ugly head.

This was an odd pickle she often found herself in. Her possessive nature for her sister warring against that for her best friend. In the past, she had always unfailingly sided with her sisters against her friend. She had never liked it, picking her sisters over her best friend, when they both meant so much to her. Not because blood was thicker than water. But because she'd lost a blood relative before and was doubly protective of those she still had.

A pang for her own missing twin rose up in answer. But Emily's want was not so simple. Not when her own heart was secretly mingled in the mix. They couldn't both love Jace Neil. Even if that would make his every dream come true.

"A dream? Really?" Lucy could not help the sarcastic edge to her dry tone. She could not relate with that sentiment. Having known Jace every bit as much as Emily did, Lucy could safely say there was nothing at all dreamlike about her best friend Jace... if one ignored his inherently gorgeous face and frame.

"How could he not be? I mean have you seen his face, Lucy? Have you really seen him? His bluer than blue eyes, the sun kissed streaks through his hair. That jawline. Oh God! I can't believe I haven't fallen in love with him sooner!"

He's a player, Emily," Lucy muttered again, exasperatedly. "You could do better than falling for a player," Lucy added, this time more vehemently, almost as if she were reiterating that fact to herself instead of Emily. Lucy shook her head. She could just imagine the self-satisfied smirk Jace would be wearing when he found out about this recent development. Not that Lucy would tell him. But there was every chance that Emily would. Unless she could knock some sense into her first.

The pounce was unexpected, and the resulting tussle went along way to soothing her ruffled feathers. Her little sister singing out her love for her player best friend was the last thing she'd expected waking up to this morning and this tussle was exactly what she needed to legitimately vent it out a little. The resulting shrieks were not from her own lips.

"Get off me!"

"You get off my bed, first!" Illogical as that request maybe, pinned down as Emily was by Lucy's skilled efforts, it did not stop Lucy from demanding it. With her famous temper already spiked to unreasonableness, it would take time before sanity returned. And still more time yet, before it actually prevailed.