A Summons

"So, what are we doing here, exactly?" Kagome asks, as they land in a clearing.

They had been traveling through the air in complete silence for what must have been at least an hour, maybe two.

She asks as they land, Sesshomaru's feet barely touching the ground before he's in motion again- feet carrying him forward.
"We have been summoned." He says tone distasteful.

Kagome frowns, confused. "A summons? By who?"

It was a minuscule movement, but Kagome saw the scowl on his face as he practically spat out the word.
"Mother."

"W-what?!" Kagome shrieks, wincing and apologizing when she sees his ears twitch, forgetting for a moment how sensitive a demons ears really are.
"I'd heard so much about Inu-No-Tashio, that I hadn't thought much about his wife. After hearing about Inuyasha's upbringing, I kinda figured she'd passed away."
"She did not." Sesshomaru snapped, before regaining his composure. He continued to stalk out of the clearing, giving only a parting command to stay put.

"Huh, so. Wow. We're really going to meet Sesshomaru's mother? What is she like?" Kagome asked, turning to the child and imp who had dismounted behind her.
"Lady Inukimi is a powerful dog demon, just like her late mate and Lord Sesshomaru. Very smart and cunning, she has ruled over the Western lands in Inu No Tashio's absence, raising her kingdom and son with a steady hand. She is-" Jaken began to ramble when Rin spoke over him.

"Rin has never seen Lady Inukimi... But Rin has heard that she is very beautiful and brave. She is the only demoness to rule without a king! Rin knows that." The child looked thoughtful and proud of the information she knew, but then her expression darkened.
"Rin has heard that Lady-Sama does not like humans, though. Rin thinks that is why Sesshomaru-Sams has not introduced Rin yet."

Kagome nodded her understanding. It made sense to her that after having lost her husband to a mortal, that Inukimi would have an abrasion to humans.
It wasn't fair to hate them all, but Kagome could see where out of such a deep pain, such hate could grow in one's heart.

It was a little sad to think about.

Shaking her head, Kagome clapped her hands together and smiled down at the young girl before her.
"Let's get camp set up for the night, shall we?"
"Hai!" Rin smiled back, coming up next to the priestess as she flung her big green bag off of her back and onto the ground.
"Lets see... here's a pot, here's a cup, another cup..."
"Umm, Kagome-Sama?" Rin giggled.
"Hai?" Kagome asked, pausing in her rummage through her bag.
"Won't we need a fire first for tea?"
"Oh. Yeah, yeah we do..." Kagome muttered, a smile slowly taking over the dumbstruck expression on her face after the realization struck.

Rin giggled again, grinning up at the priestess.
"Don't worry, Rin will collect the firewood."

Kagome looked up then, and took in their surroundings.
They were in an almost perfectly round clearing, shrouded by thick forest and growing underbrush.
Save for a few small animals, and Sesshomarus strong aura, Kagome could sense nothing else around for miles.

Still...
"I'll help you." She said, standing and stretching her back a little once she's straightened.
"It'll be quicker this way. Plus, if we can finish before the sun goes down, we can even start your first archery lesson." Kagome offered.
Rin beamed and hugged the older woman's legs in gratitude.

"Arigato Kagome-Sama!!!"