♡ Chapter 23 ♡

Start from the beginning

Out of nowhere, the three teens started belting out the song at the top of their lungs as Brandon rolled down all the windows. "Let it go!" All their voices were deafening. "Let it go! Can't hold it back anymore! Let it go, let it go! Turn away and slam the door!"

Some people in their cars gave them glares and odd looks, but Ariana just leaned out of her window and yelled, "We're teenagers in L.A, you idiots! Having fun isn't a a right for us--it's a duty!"

Brandon and Damian laughed and yelled, "Word!"

When the song ended, another one replaced it that made Ariana fan-girl. "I don't care about my make-up! I like it better with my jeans all ripped up. Don't know how to keep my mouth shut. You say, 'So What?'" she sang along.

"What?" Brandon backed up. They sang along to the song and when the chorus came up, Ariana and Damian lifted their hands up in the air.

"When it's you and me, we don't need no one to tell us who to be. We'll keep turning up the radio. What if you and I just put up, a middle finger to the sky? Let them know that we're still rock 'n roll!"

The teens laughed and laughed and sang along to the radio until they arrived at Keera's house and parked her car in the driveway. They got down from the car and stood by the sidewalk. "Where to?" Ariana asked.

The sun was shining brightly and the teens were fanning themselves. "Well I don't know about you guys, but I'm in the mood for ice cream," Brandon stated.

Ariana and Damian nodded and together, the three of the teens walked to the nearest ice cream shop. They sat down in a booth and ordered their flavors. After that, Ariana leaned back in her seat and sighed contentedly.

"Why so happy?" Brandon asked her.

"I'm just thankful for the air-conditioning," she laughed.

"So how's your album coming along?" Brandon asked his best friend.

"It's okay s-so far. Ariana's dad suggested that w-we start making videos again on Y-YouTube," Damian replied, wiping his glasses with the end of his shirt.

"Yeah, I know right?! We haven't done that in forever!" Brandon exclaimed. Ariana got out her phone and searched for Brandon and Damian on YouTube. Sure enough, their videos popped up and she clicked on one that said, "Girls we like."

Ariana plugged in her earphones as the boys talked. The video was released about six months ago, and it was shot in Brandon's bedroom.

The two boys were hanging out in the room and Brandon started talking first. "Hey, guys!" he said. "So this is a video of Damian and I, talking about the kind of girls we like."

Background music started playing and someone said, "Brandon's type," in a really dramatic low voice.

"My type? Hmmm... Well, I like girls who love music. I like girls who know how to sing, and especially girls who I can just sing a duet with. She has to be kind and has a great personality and someone who isn't too strong-willed and stubborn, but isn't too frilly and stuff, either. Just like, a laid-back kind of girl, you know."

Ariana smiled, until it got to Damian's turn. "Well, I-I don't really have a type when it c-comes to girls. B-but I do like girls who read a lot and w-write. Also g-girls who aren't too talkative, but have a g-great personality. Shy girls are c-cute, too."

The waiter came and gave them their ice creams and Ariana shut off her phone and kept her earphones in her pocket.

As Ariana dug into her dessert shamefully, Brandon and Damian conversed about video ideas. Then out of nowhere, Brandon suddenly suggested, "Hey, why don't we let seashell join in the video?"