Prologue (Final Draft! Updated Jan 2023!)

**WARNING: Profanity and Sensitive subjects**

I updated this draft, but other editors may become present soon.

THIRD UPDATE- 2023 will be this book's publication year, so that updates may take place without notice. The project began on 07/24/17 with a completion date of 12/01/20. Editing for publication began not long after on 01/15/21, with the third (and likely final) draft going into effect 01/08/23. As the book is updated, please continue to enjoy it before it is published, and most chapters will be removed from the internet by its planned publication time of Spring/Summer 2023.

---

Knock. Knock. Knock. Zilly was hooked on a never-ending noise continuing to echo throughout a quiet dream, getting louder as the pink cat's paws thudded against the ground.

Zilly. Zilly... An insistent voice had interrupted the tranquil nature of her dream.

"Zilly." The voice murmured. "Someone's at the door."

It was her fiancée, Marcie May, who was trying to sleep next to her, but also seemed to have been knocked out of it by the knocking at the door. But yet, as the two approached it, they began to learn a difference in reality...

The sound wasn't knocking at all, Zilly realized, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. It was scratching!

"Zilly, thank goodness you're awake." A gray tomcat gasped, panting before fumbling for something on his back- a box of cigarettes.

In response, Zilly swiped at the other angrily, making him tremble in fear as he stood back, with his fur standing up and his muscles stiff.

"Dennis, you told me you'd quit smoking! Get it together; you have a good streak going. Now, what's the problem?"

Relaxing his fur and exhaling, Dennis nodded again.

"There's been an issue at the town square, and Grayson and Doc can't seem to calm her down..."

"I knew a dog and a cat wouldn't make a good pair of leaders," Marcie remarked, stretching with a yawn before grooming one of her light green paws.

"Darling, we've talked about this! This is my son we're talking about- he and his best friend are managing just fine," Zilly replied calmly. "I'm sure it has nothing to do with that; enough with the discrimination, and get up already."

"Fair enough. I'm sorry. I sounded like a real Sector B cat for a moment... and you know how they feel about us together."

Sector B, also known to the citizens of the planet Catya as "Sector Bizarre", was a small group of cats on the outskirts of the mainland who had... certain "privileges"- as some would say less bluntly. For that reason, no cat wanted to venture into Sector B, and all cats were advised to stay away from the area. The majority of the population, however, lived in Sector A, or "Sector Alpha".

"Dennis, who's this 'she'?" Zilly then asked, nodding to Marcie so she could follow along, a bit anxious at her fiancée's obvious crankiness.

Then again, Dennis must have woken her up before she wanted to be awake, which does, indeed, make others cranky. Marcie did tend to wake up on the early side, though... So it must have been very early in the morning. Zilly realized, almost feeling pitiful at this point.

Dennis took a deep breath and sighed before replying once more-

"It's... It's Uranus, Zilly."

"Uranus? She's been causing all sorts of problems! If she doesn't stop, I'll have to convince Doc to send her to Sector B formally!"