Chapter 35

can't believe it's ended

'"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

~/Taylors Pov\~

As I squeal she turned her head noticing me; the both of us running our way to each other. I wrap my arms around Katie's neck engulfing her in a hug as she puts her arms around my waist. We drop the hug with outstretched arms.

"Why- how are you here?!"

"I couldn't miss this, could I?" she says and as we let go she starts swaying to the music

"You look amazing!" we said in union and giggle

"Have you seen Penny?" I ask looking around

"Boy, have I!" she smiles winking

"You should get some punch," she yells over the music "Have you tasted the punch?" I shake my head "You should." She says dancing her way through the crowd. She looks back. "Don't eat the casseroles!" she warned

I make my way to the punch table taking a cup and pouring some juice. Suddenly, I feel a jolt on my hip causing my cup to drop to my feet. I look down at my ruined heels.

"I'm so sorry, let me get that for you." I heard and turned around to face the person oh, Taylor,

"Oh, uh, hi Caleb, I awkwardly greeted

"I'm sorry about-" he looked down at my feet and I interrupt him

"It's only shoes," I reply

"Hey, you know I broke up-" he was then again interrupted by Kirby who was passing by with two drinks in his hand.

Whilst my smile grew bigger and genuine he says, "You look outstanding!"

I could feel my cheeks heat up as I said a simple "thanks,"

I keep my smile as I draw my attention back to Caleb "Yeah, you do look good." He spoke looking me up and down and bit his lip. I roll my eyes. "Yeah, so I'm sorry for dumping you and you know, Maya. The entire situation. I was at a conflicting part of my life. I was an idiot for what I said. I'm sorry. Can we put all of that in the past and continue being-?"

I cut him off for the last time "being friends? Of course!" I smile hugging him quickly

I know what he was going to say and Ill never date a player again.

"Yeah, and don't eat the casseroles." I smiled tossing his in a nearby trash can.

We both grinned bursting out into laughter. After cleaning my shoes, I decided that the punch was cursed so I went to sit on one of the black three seater chairs. They were aligned so they would make a little box without one side. I looked everyone dancing and smiling, eating and having fun then glanced at myself sitting in corner. I stared at penny as we locked eyes and she turned away quickly maybe hoping I didnt see.

I looked at Kirby across the room, his dates arms draped around his neck. Yeah, I was jealous because I liked him. I made that clear but the world knows we cant be together. I searched the room for Katie and found her killing herself laughing to something Trever told her. Then Penny again who was copying a move Kyle was doing. All my friends seemed happy, yet here I am. Slight tears filters my eyes as I look down. What was the point of all this? I just got dolled up for nothing.

All the lights went off startling me as I look up. A spot light was on our principal as he tapped the microphone. I tried blinking my tears away not caring if they fell or what. it was dark anyways.

"So, as you know when were one hour thirty minutes into the dance wed usually give the homecoming king and queen!" the crowd cheers "well I honestly couldnt care less. The homecoming normally goes to the most voted individual."