Lyzaria he is telling the truth, my dragon says.

I feel a sharp pain in my chest. "Why don't I remember any of this?" I hiss through gritted teeth.

"Your uncle hurt you, and you went through an Awakening. He lied to you so you'd help him destroy the werewolves," he explains.

I quickly glance back at my uncle who is standing on the back of a warrior dragon, burning the remaining forest. "I don't remember anything," I breathe, my chest heaving as I start to panic.

I look at the Werewolf King with wide eyes, my mind swimming in confusion. His eyes are glazed over and I can tell he is fighting internally over something.

He suddenly growls loudly and runs his hand through hair in frustration. His eyes are swirling black and gold. "Fuck it!" He snarls and the next thing I know, his lips are smashed onto mine.

I hear a roar but the sound is distant and I barely even notice it. The kiss is familiar and I shove him away as I try to hold onto the memory. 

It slips away but as I close my eyes more images start to flash in the darkness, emotions flicker in my mind, and I am thrown into dozens of flashbacks.

"Lyza! We need to go now!"

He is flying right in front of me, when an arrow hits his wing. He lets out a terrible, pain-filled roar and I watch the dark lines start to spread across his wing.

"You may stay in the pack."

"I want you to change my mind about dragons."

"Heal well, my little mate."

"Kailo was going to kill you after the bonding ceremony, but this is better. I will get your title without worrying about covering it up."

"I'm not going anywhere."

I'm sorry Zari.

My eyes fly open and I gasp. I look around in wild panic as everything comes flooding back. Daerius is kneeling in front of me, his hands on either side of my face.

A wide grin forms on my lips and I can feel tears rolling down my cheeks. "I remember," I cry, throwing my arms around his neck.

His arms curl tightly around my waist, so tight it almost hurts. "I thought I lost you," I hear him whisper.

"Never," I breathe, shaking my head.

"No! Kill him Lyzaria! Kill him!" I hear my uncle roar. I turn around and see him suddenly storming towards me.

I stand up, my fury written across my face. "You tricked me!" I scream.

He stops just a few feet away, shocked and confused. "How did you—"

"I remember EVERYTHING you did! You wanted to kill the wolves and you were using ME to do it!" I can feel my dragon fighting to gain control.

"They killed your father! My brother!" He growls.

"And he killed my mate's mother and sister! We've all done bad things but that's no excuse to wipe out an entire race!" I yell.