Epilogue (Sort of)

Six months later . . . (Lyza's POV)

"There's even more of them out there today," Angel says. I glance over at where she is standing by the window.

"How many would you say there are?" I ask.

"I'm not sure but it looks like the entire pack."

I cringe. "Shit," I breathe, my head falling against the headboard.

I hear a knock at the door and sigh. "Come in," I call.

Daerius walks in, closely followed by a young man. The man looks at the bed for a moment before glaring at me.

I glance down at the blood stained sheets covering my body. "I thought I told you not to move?" He growls.

"You keep forgetting I have morning sickness! Do you really think I'm going to wait for someone to help me to the bathroom every time I have to throw up?" I snap, crossing my arms over my chest.

He pulls back the sheets and growls in frustration. "You tore open your stitches again." He starts on cleaning my wound and removing the stitches.

Daerius shakes his head at me, chuckling with a half smile. "Do you realize that if you continue to reopen up the same wound over and over again you are going to be stuck here forever?" He asks, moving to stand beside my bed.

"Well as soon as I heal I have to face them," I say. I motion towards the window.

Daerius sighs. "They're just upset, they'll get over it eventually."

"No they won't Daerius! I destroyed their home, I killed their families!" I growl angrily.

"Lyza they just need time."

"Time won't help—fuck that hurts!" I snarl, glaring furiously at the pack doctor.

"Yeah stitches hurt, I thought you would have learned that by now," he growls.

"Well shit Niko, if you had warned me that you were about to stick a fucking needle in my leg we could have avoided all of this profanity!" I snap.

"Your fights have gotten so much more entertaining since you got knocked up," Angel remarks.

I throw her a murderous glare. She shrugs innocently before turning back towards the window.

I turn back to Daerius with a sigh. "They still want to kill me after six months, what's going to happen when they find out I'm pregnant?"

Daerius runs his hand through his hair in frustration. "I don't know," he mutters.

"Well you've got five months to figure it out," Niko pipes in.

"We can keep the birth a secret if we have to," Daerius says and Angel laughs.

"Seriously? You can't keep a newborn baby a secret, those things scream and cry and everyone would hear it, with or without werewolf senses," she snorts.

I sigh, "Well then we better hope five months is enough time to convince them I'm not a murderer."

*********

I groan, splashing water on my face and rinsing out the taste of bile in my mouth. After taking a few deep breaths I no longer feel nauseous.

I look into the mirror with a frown. My cheeks are puffy and my entire face is flushed. My entire body feels twice as heavy as it did a few months ago.

"Are you okay?" Daerius asks, stepping into the bathroom.

"No," I admit.

"Why not?" He asks carefully.