"Don't joke about that. Oh my god. He's scary." Vada shifted her feet and fiddled with her dry fingers. As a nervous habit, she picked at her nail and bit her lip, squirming and trying not to glance back at the chilling guy.

"He looks like Hannibal Lecter. You know, baldish, scrunched kinda face. All he needs is a little blood and guts in his teeth." Vincent mumbled under his breath, clasping his hands together. He averted his gaze to the man and creased his brow when he noticed he was still staring.

"Vincent! You are not helping." Vada exclaimed, widening her eyes in the slightest. She then stifled a laughter. "Sure hope he's not anything like Hannibal Lecter. Or I'm never eating the meat they serve here again."

"It's probably what they do with all the bod-" Vincent started, but was cut off by a disembodied voice.

"Vada." His grumbly voice sounded, hands flat on the table as he towered over them. Vada's eyes shot up, startled by the husky and rough voice. Negan tilted toward the girl, his eyebrow creased and tongue poking between his lips.

"Negan." She spoke shortly.

"Come with me. You've got shit to do." He grumbled, scratching at his chin which was just beginning to stubble. Vada furrowed her eyebrows and averted her attention to Vincent.

"Guess you've got to deal with Lecter yourself. Good look. Stay in one piece." Vada joked, lips twitching, but with Vincent's stiff posture he only gave a faint smile. She sighed and bit her cheeks, standing up and trailing beside Negan.

The man snaked an arm around her waist and shifted his gaze, jaw tightened as his eyes landed on the creep. The lanky guy jerked and averted his gaze when he noticed Negan. Negan furrowed his brows and leaned back.

"Who the fuck is that creep?" Negan asked, slowly tugging at Vada to follow him. He pulled her close as they exited the caf. "Looks like he just murdered a family of fucking five."

"I don't know. Probably because we were making fun of the food." She jerked her shoulders and shifted her gaze. Negan tilted his chin and laughed in huffs, his voice deep and raspy.

"You know how to make a fucking enemy." Negan shook his head. His strides were long and Vada struggled to stay by his side. "You're gonna get yourself hurt."

"I can protect myself," she mumbled, crossing her arms over her chest and shortening her steps. Negan was forced to slow down as he strolled beside her. "Where are we going?"

"I got you a job." He stopped in his tracks. The hallway was vacant and his deep voice echoed through the dark corridors.

"What?" Her eyebrows furrowed. "I have a job."

"You're fucking wrong if you think you're keeping it." He propped his elbow on the cement wall and grinned, twisting his foot into the damp grounds. Vada bit the inside of her cheek and frowned, shuffling on her feet. She was upset that she'd been deprived of her previous job, but figured she was in no position to start arguing about it. She was walking on eggshells around the man and although they'd had their good moments, there was still a looming threat swirling around her mind. The punishment that he had yet to give her.

"So what? Am I cleaning toilets now or something? That my punishment?" She asked, placing her hands on her hips. Negan grinned down and her and pushed himself off the wall.

"Fuck no. I'm not that much of an asshole." He pivoted on his heel and began to walk again.

"You've bashed people's heads in." She deadpanned. Negan's back raised with huffs of laughter and he stopped in front of a pair of large double doors. Vada recognized it as the sanctuary's library.