𝐱𝐥𝐯𝐢. 𝐰𝐞'𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐨 𝐢𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

Over on the quarry's farthest side, unnoticed by the Dixon woman earlier, stood another line of semi-trucks serving against the walkers. However, that defense was faltering. Astrid's heart pounded as the force of the walkers thrust the trucks toward the ravine's edge. Within moments, both vehicles careened off the cliff and crashed into the quarry's depths in an explosive heap. Instead of hindering the walkers, the crash unleashed them in a frenzy, the undead now pouring through the breach like a dam ruptured.

"Rick?" came Sasha's hesitant calling. She was seeking a new plan.

Shit. They all were now.

Rick turned back, eyes wide, and he leaped down from his vehicle. "It's open! We have to do this now!"

His decision turned Astrid's blood to ice. They were not prepared, had not even completed their first dry run. Her body trembled as Daryl instinctively reached out to her, anchoring her panic.

"We're doing this now!" Rick shouted. "Tobin's group, get moving, go!"

Pandemonium spread. Other Alexandrians darted to and fro, racing up the gravel path to their assigned stations. But Astrid remained frozen. How were they expected to do this? There was no possible way they could succeed. Not with so little experience. Soon, Carter's voice also cut through the franticness, his own protest echoing desperation. "No, Rick! We're not ready!"

Blatantly ignoring the man, Rick pressed on elsewhere, directing his dwindling forces. "Sasha, Abraham," He called. "You'll meet Daryl at red. Let him take them through the gauntlet."

The redheaded marine cocked the shotgun he had been holding loosely at his side. "Damn straight, we'll do it live!" He cried valiantly. How the hell was he excited? Before Astrid could even dare to question his madness, he turned to rally Sasha, and then the pair hurtled off, leaving behind a trail of dust.

"Rick, I'll hit the tractor place and make sure to deal with the walkers in there," Glenn announced as he slung his backpack over his shoulder. "We've got to take those ones out or they'll distract the herd."

"Who's going with?" Rick demanded.

"Heath and Nicholas will back me up!" Glenn answered, already motioning for the two named men to follow. "Let's go!"

Astrid watched the trio vanish up the quarry trail until they were swallowed by its rocky embrace. Elsewhere, Carter still waited. He bolted forward, confronting Rick head-on. "This was supposed to be a dry run!" He exclaimed. "We haven't even gone through the whole plan!"

"You want to go back, then go back," Rick all but growled. "The rest of us are finishing this." With that, he stalked away from Carter and closed in on Tobin, who was stationed behind the wheel of one of their own trucks. "Hit on my signal," He ordered. "They're heading for home. We don't have a choice."

"They're still coming!" Daryl reminded sharply. He pushed Astrid slightly backward, ensuring she was tucked safely behind him, before turning to face her directly. "I have to go."

Astrid nodded tightly. "Go," She reluctantly urged. "Be careful."

Her hunter pulled her into him, his lips briefly touching her temple before he moved on. He began to race toward his motorcycle and swung his leg over the seat. The engine roared to life as he sped up the dirt path, prepared to meet the horde that would eventually trail after him. And with Daryl now gone, Astrid refused to feel rattled any longer. Panic would do her no good. She was still capable of doing this.

As one of the few left standing on the quarry path, she sprinted toward Rick, who was retrieving a flare gun from his waistband. "I'm with you!" She yelled.

Outlive | Daryl Dixon ²जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें