I walked to her bedroom to see her cussing into the microphone section of the phone whilst walking up and down her room. "Mom." I croaked sitting on her bed whilst yawning.

"Oh shit sorry Mani, go and sleep, Jameilia I'll speak to you later yeah, I've woken up this one." She said before ending the call and getting into her bed with me.

"Who was you talking about?" I asked my mom as I got comfy on her bed and tried to drift myself to sleep.

"Nobody important baby girl don't worry." She said caressing my head which I had now positioned on her chest. I could feel her detangling my curls, which I had failed to separate last night, whilst massaging my scalp, helping me drift into a slumber.

..

Once I woke up it was finally a reasonable time for me to be getting up. I walked into my bedroom and put my dead phone onto charge. I then got my wash bag and towel and got ready for the day. All I was gonna do today was chill at home and most probably edit some images and create the flyer and snapchat filter for Asia's Halloween party. She wanted to hold a Halloween party that seemed like them American parties where they have the red cups, all dressed up and stuff. I was just gonna make the advertising stuff nothing more or less. I still didn't know if I wanted to go but I had to at least do this for her.

After I had placed myself into some comfy clothes I walked downstairs and into the living room where the main computer was and started on the project. So far it looked quite good, the flyer had a black background and then I had placed 'rips' on the background overlay where the words looked like they were coming out over the rips and then her social media where they could all get in touch with her.

By the time I was finished with all of that it was now around 3pm and I wanted to eat some food so decided to order myself some Chinese from the local shop, Golden Kingdom. All majestic sounding. Since I was home alone I planned on ordering for myself, I'm gonna get some chicken balls, large special fried rice and some spring rolls. YUP! I went upstairs into my room to get my phone which I had left upstairs to see some missed calls and other social media notifications, like 'darkskin.unity has posted a picture' and stuff like that. I unlocked my phone and called up the Chinese spot for my food.

"You want Chilli or Mild?" The Asian woman asked over the phone.

"Chilli Please." I replied. I have the 'hots' for 'chilli' food, see what I did there? wink wink.

"Okaay, we come in about half hour." She stated as we said our bye's and left the phone call. I then scrolled down my missed calls and saw Asia, Shemika, and some random out of town number, man said the number starts in +1 905, like whose number is that? I blocked it and continued scrolling through my phone before texting them all back that I was home and my phone wasn't near me.

..

Chicken Balls, Special Fried Rice and Spring Rolls, we thank the LORDT! If you think I left anything then you my friend aren't serious, I finished the whole thing and then went into the living room to watch television. As I was slowly drifting in and out of sleep my phone rung and it was a WhatsApp call from this same number ... What The Fuck, GO AWAY. Instead of ignoring the number I decided to answer to see who it was, if I didn't know them then I could simply block them again on all platforms.

"Hello, who is this?" I enquired as soon as the line connected.

"Hey babygirl, it's me Devon, your father, why haven't you saved my number?"

"Hello?"

"Kimani?"

Frozen, encapsulated in time, in awe, in shock. I didn't know what I was shocked about, this man calling me after 12 years of neglect or the courage he had to say the word father, in correlation to our relationship.