25 ; Two Broken Hearts

Start from the beginning

My ears are filled with my own sobs and Sebastians' sick and sadistic laugh. He says something to Tyler but I don't catch it. Then he leaves. 

Once the real devil is out of the room Tyler scurries to untie me.

"Keep still!" he says, trying to undo the knots.

But I don't comply and it makes the task harder for Tyler. But I'm too frantic to care or calm down. A minute later I'm kneeling down beside Jackson. Tears continue to fall down my cheeks and they spill onto his face.

"Jackson, please... Wake up... Jackson..." I carefully lift his head onto my lap.

His eyes are closed. A cut on his bottom lip. A cut in his eyebrow. An open wound on his left cheek. A puddle of blood and tears beneath us.

And two broken hearts beating in sync.

I continue to whisper to him, begging him to wake up. Tyler leans down, placing two fingers on his neck.

"His pulse is steady. He'll be fine. We need to leave." Tyler has an impassive look on his face and he stands up.

"Why isn't he waking up?" I continue stroking Jacksons hair, as if it somehow will bring him comfort even though he's unconscious. 

"I didn't punch him hard enough to give him a concussion so relax. He just needs to rest and we need to leave."

"No." 

"Adeline, you have to!"

I don't reply. Tyler sighs, frustrated. "I'll give you five minutes. If you're not out by then I'll drag you out myself."

I  still don't reply.

I hear someone gasp and then I hear footsteps coming closer. "Oh my God what happened here?" I don't even need to look up to know it was Hailee who said it. I would ask what she's doing here but I don't care. I don't care about any of it. I just want Jackson to wake up. I need him to wake up.

"I told you to wait outside." I see Tyler holding onto Hailee, preventing her from coming closer. 

"You were taking too long. And then I saw a guy leaving so I though't it'd be safe now anyways."

Tyler sighs. "Five minutes Addy. Come on Hailee."

They both leave and I'm left in silence.

"Jackson, please. Just wake up. I need you to wake up." When he doesn't even move a single muscle I bite my lip to prevent myself from crying out loud again. 

You're pathetic.

Stop!

This is all your fault.

Stop it!

None of this would've happened if it wasn't for you.

Please just shut up!

I feel another set of tears well up in my eyes. But I don't let them fall. Instead, I lean down. I kiss Jackson on the lips, not caring if they're bloody and swollen.

My lips move softly, wanting him to kiss me back. Wishing a true loves kiss would wake him up.

But this isn't a fairytale. So Jackson doesn't wake up.

I pull back, letting my lips hover for a second. 

"I love you too," I whisper.

Then I get up and walk out of the room, leaving my heart on the ground, next to the boy lying there unconscious, hoping he'll find it when he wakes up.