The History

Rule #1: The best witch in this world is a dead witch...

When it was first founded in 2064 by two regular young men, The Hunters' Club was just a meeting place for regular hunters around the world. Toras Broski and Anthony Krom came from Russia to Kathmandu, Nepal and settled near the southern skirts of Mount Everest, a little below the China border. In that cold but beautiful environment, they made a fairly large wooden hut with a nice little cafe, a few rooms to rent for the cold night. The club wasn't very popular being in a conveniently isolated place but for people passing by the mountain, the campers, and especially for people who already know about the hut, there was no better place to stop for a hot cup of coffee. Nonetheless, it was good enough for the two friends to enjoy themselves.

A few years later the newspapers were flooded with the absurd story of some witch being burnt alive in Romania. Apparently, a five-year-old girl was accused of being an evil being by some very angry crowd of approximately a thousand people and then murdered by the same crowd by locking her up in the hospital room she was held for treatment and setting the whole hospital on fire. The crowd let all the personnel and the patients out - except the girl - before lighting up the building and neither the police nor the people in the hospital could do anything. The incident leading the angry crowd to believe the girl being a witch was actually the infamous massacre of 84 people inside the building she lived in. The massacre took place a few weeks before the burning incident and according to the Romanian news, an unknown creature killed 84 people starting from the parents of the girl, then the two police officers that came to investigate the building after complaints of loud noises from the neighbors, then all the neighbors in the building and then more police officers coming for backup and lastly several of the soldiers who came to put down the creature before finally getting killed by those soldiers. The country was on alert for days. They announced it was a wild animal and all the footage of the incident leaked to the internet was removed. The girl, who was strangely the only survivor of the massacre put to a state hospital for treatment and investigation. The case was closed until the relatives of the people who died on that day and people joining the crowd for just the fun of it started making scenes and protesting the government for keeping "the evil witch" alive...

Krom and Broski didn't take the news too seriously aside from the fact that it was really messed up. They were actually happy to be away from all that nonsense. But ignorance wasn't a bliss this time...

The burning of the five-year-old Alyssa V. Norrland was just a beginning of a series of incidents and witch hunts that would finally break out as an all-out war. More incidents like the massacre in Romania occurred in other places and more incidents like the punishment of Alyssa came as a response. In a few more years the world was already in total chaos. For the media the witches were real and they were summoning demons to murder everyone around them. The other side of the story was almost always left unanswered as all the accused victims of such incidents were no older than 7 years...

When the Apocalypse came Broski and Krom survived the First Wave. The world was literally destroyed; all the cities, all the civilizations fell apart on this darkest day in the history of men. Everest was among the few unreachable points on earth, so the club hut stood still. After that, Broski and Krom decided to use their hunting skills for the good and became the very first Demon Hunters. They began the fight against the freaks of darkness that spread all over the world with the "Hellbreak" and continued fighting until the Second Wave arrived twenty years later. It wasn't as big as the first one but the humankind that was already ruined and yet to recover from the wounds couldn't withstand that disaster one more time. The demon hunters also couldn't survive the wave.

The first two Demon Hunters in history had died in twenty years but leaving hundreds of encouraged people behind. People who do not hesitate to put their lives on the line for the sake of their home... People who are now the new protectors of the world and a few million people that remained from a once-crowded planet... The Hunters' Club had become the headquarters of this new group of people. From the hut, a large underground shelter was built into the mountain. It was to be used in case of another wave and as training grounds for new hunters. In time the number of demon hunters increased slightly. Skillful hunters and brave warriors around the globe were killing every freak on sight, starting from the most fierce demons that came down on earth. In almost one hundred years, there was not a single demon left. The world population increased to nearly 1 billion in those years.

The first and the second waves, aka the Hellbreaks, were mainly caused by powerful witches. Therefore, after the extermination of demons, the "Witch Hunt" began. However, the witch hunt wasn't as successful as the demon hunt. Witches were smart. They were organized and, in terms of strategy, they were at an advantage in contrast to demons, which are obsessed with a single thought of terminating the humankind and which had mostly attacked on instinct and to everything. Demons were not unintelligent animals but they didn't have any motivation aside from an inextinguishable rage.

Number of witches increased largely in very short time. People were afraid of another possible Hellbreak. Some small-scale incidents appeared in villages around the globe. Some lesser demons came down and wiped out a few dozen of people before getting killed. While the news of the incidents and such rumors were spreading among people, a new group of warriors raised in North America, calling themselves "The Paladins". It quickly got attention and started collecting new recruits every day. Each man capable of using a weapon has joined this enlarging army of light. The First Paladin, Androvick Broski was also the grandson of T. Broski, the first Demon Hunter, aka the "Demon Crusher". But he thought that the hunters are getting corrupted each day. They were using witchcraft, the unholy charm of demons, against the witches themselves. They were even changing their own bodies with chemicals and witch blood. Broski was against that disrespectful corruption. To him, his grandfather didn't aim that when he first decided to fight the darkness.

 "We cannot use the weapons of hell against the hell itself. Then there is no distinction between us and the unholy freaks." - A. Broski

The Paladins started an all-out war against the witches in late 20s of the 22nd century. Their numbers were even greater than the witch hunters but again the result didn't change because, as Broski said, they refused to use the hellcraft knowledge. However, ordinary steel and firepower were barely effective against the witches. In the end, what all people feared became true and the Third Wave arrived upon the mighty Paladins. That was the biggest Hellbreak of all. The outcome was horrible. The humankind was on the verge of being extinct and the earth itself also took wounds impossible to recover. That day, only a few thousand people left alive and only thirty percent of the world stayed inhabitable. The Third Wave was the end of the Apocalypse and the beginning of a survival game played on this once beautiful and green planet called Earth.

The year is 2246 now... Human population is around a hundred thousand and the number of witches is approximately one thousand. The number of hunters is around a hundred and the number of paladins is exactly 15001. There are many other kinds of groups and creatures and also a few demons in the world but the most needed thing is lacking: hope... The hope of living in peace again, without thinking about the possibility to learn one day that their beloved daughter was a witch... Without thinking about a decision between their own child and the good of society... Without thinking about another apocalypse or a sudden attack from a demon horde...

The Hunters' Club is still staying with all its glory and humbleness on the skirts of the tallest mountain on earth and working on bringing back that hope once again, as The First Demon Hunters did centuries ago. It's getting fewer and fewer recruits every year and every year even fewer people are visiting the place. Nevertheless, it will not disappear from the face of history before accomplishing its duty. No matter how long it takes...