33

Carl
I walked through the rooms of the house, remembering everything that Alli and I had done here. I glanced at the pond outside, thinking of all the times we'd gone swimming. The bed where we'd had our first kiss. The kitchen where we would just sit on the counter and talk for hours, a part of me knew that even if we got her back, I'd never be back here again, at least not with Alli

I looked around the room, sitting down at the piano, I weak smile flashed across my face. I thought of Alli again, all the times that she would play the piano, singing along. I thought of how her fingers would dance across the keys, I wish that things could've stayed that simple.

I got up, going back into the kitchen. I pulled out the drawer of a cabinet, looking for some paper. I pulled out a yellow legal pad, since it seemed to be the only paper in there. I grabbed a pen from the drawer and began to write a note to her, if for some reason she ever got a chance to come back. I explained how we're going to Virginia, saying that hopefully we'd find each other there. I told her where we left supplies for her, then I left the note on the music stand of the piano.

I went back to the prison, everyone was packing up the cars, I knew we'd be leaving in a few minutes. "Carl, you're with Glenn, Daryl, Maggie, Michonne, and I" my dad told me as I walked up. I nodded, going into the prison again quickly, making sure I hadn't forgotten anything important.

I pushed my hat up a bit as I walked through my cell, then glanced into Ally and Sarah's cell. I thought of those people, the ones who had killed Sarah, knowing that Alli was with them. After everything though, all I can really do is hope that she's okay.

Alli
I follow Brett around the factory, not really knowing what to do with myself "this is where we get everything we need, you just sign your name on the sheets whenever you take something" he explains and I nod "has Negan shown you your real room yet?" He asks and I shrug "I mean I thought that basement was my room" I say quietly and he chuckles "we don't make people sleep on the floors of basements, I'll show you a real room later, I'll find out which is yours" he tells me, walking outside.

"Where do you guys go on runs to?" I ask and he laughs "anywhere we want, just let Negan know how long you'll be gone, you can go anywhere after he trusts you to go out on your own" he answers and I perk up "so I could go back home?" "I mean yeah, but you'd need to come back on time, if you don't, they assume you're escaping and go after you" he explains. "Alright, I'm gonna head out, I should be back by tonight, ask Negan about your room, if you can't find him I'll take care of it when I get back" he offers and I shake my head "I can do it". "Yeah, I know. I'll see you later" he laughs and gets on a motorcycle, driving away.

Brett's my only friend here, not like I've tried to make any other ones, I just hope he doesn't get the wrong idea, I'd never date him, or even flirt with him for that matter, once I get Negan's trust, I can just go back to the prison and tell the group I'm okay. I hope it doesn't take too long though. I start looking around the place and see Negan at a table a few feet away. "Negan, Brett said to ask you about a real room" I tell him and he nods "was just about to find you, they finished setting it up last night" he says and motions for me to follow him.

"I know you hate it here and all, but I can really see you becoming one of my best recruits. I won't even make you say that you're Negan, you can keep your name" I knew he was referring to this weird system they had around here. "Yeah I was thinking I could go on a run soon, that's where I do some of my best work" I mention and he laughs "you think I'd let the girl who stole my mens' bikes, obviously wants to go home, and has only been here for 3 days go out on a run by herself?" He asks giving me the 'are you kidding me' look, but I shake my head "I didn't mean alone, I'm just good on runs, I can help wherever you need me" I tell him and he nods "Alright, there's a run tomorrow with Dwight and a few others, I'll let them know you're coming. You'll be bike 65".

I continue to follow him down the long hallway, I hope I remember how to get to this room. "You know, I'm sorry kid, we really shouldn't have taken you from your group, but it's a lot more likely for something bad to happen if we take two kids that don't wanna be here, that's why we never went back for that boy, what was his name?" He asks and I sigh "Patrick" I lie to him, in case he decided to pull anything, who knows what he can do with just a name.

He opens the door to my room, standing with me in the doorway as I looked around in awe. The prison was the best that I've even survived in, but this place was amazing, it looked almost exactly as it would before the walkers showed up. "This is mine?" I ask and Negan nods "all for you". I'm still not gonna be a part of this group, but if I have to stay at this place then I might as well enjoy the room.

"You can get all settled in for a while, I'll be in my room if you have any questions" he says, not like that would help, I have no clue where his room is. "Negan" I stop him before he leaves "what?" "Is there any way that I'd at least be able to tell my old group that I'm okay?" I ask and he shakes his head "you've gotta let them go kid, they aren't your group anymore, get used to life without them" he tells me, leaving the room. "Asshole" I mumble, looking around the room, they do know how to persuade people though, at least living here shouldn't be too bad.

Carl
"How much gas do we have left?" Glenn asked my dad, the car was crowded, we couldn't see the gas gauge from the backseat. My dad glanced at it "were half full, but we've got about 15 gallons in gas cans" he muttered. We're pretty close to Virginia, it should be around a nine hour drive, that's what it would've been in the old days, we decided to take a few days now.

Since a bunch of roads are blocked with stuff, plus it's easier to continue on when we can scavenge for supplies. I looked out the window as we drove, glancing back at the other car that held the rest of the group. The trip wouldn't take forever, I just hope that this is all worth it in the end.