9

Alli
We grab Carl's hat from the ground on the way inside, we stayed quiet, in case people were still awake. We crept around the cell block, making sure everyone was asleep, then grabbing our knives and going back outside. We did the normal routine of climbing over the fence and sneaking to the house, trying not to attract walkers as we went.

I flop onto the couch as soon as we get inside, making Carl laugh. "Look I'm sorry, I know you'll probably be pissed at me when I say this, but I'm tired, I just want a nap and this couch is more comfortable than the beds at the prison" I admit to him and he lets out a breath "thank god, I'm so tired. It's exhausting staying up so late and then doing stuff in the day" he says and I nod "exactly".

"There's beds upstairs, if you wanna sleep there instead" he suggests and I I stand up "yeah, lets go". I follow him up the stairs and we look around, there were three beds, one a master, one a queen, and one a twin. We stood in the doorway of the master bedroom and looked at each other "mine!" We both shout in sync and run to jump on the bed.

We both tried to push each other off of the bed for a few minutes before it just turned into a wrestling match, which seemed to be pretty equal for a while. Carl pinned my arms down, both of us laughing, looking into each other's eyes, then it turned silent. I just stared into his eyes, just hovering above me, then he started to kiss me.

I kissed him back as soon as he leaned towards me, I'd be lying if I said I never wanted to kiss him. So we were just there, making out on the bed. He pulled away from me slowly, moving over so he was beside me. "I um- sorry, I just got caught up in the-" he started, but I cut him off, kissing him again.

"You definitely don't need to be sorry about it" I said, feeling a grin spread across my face. "Well in that case...wanna make out again?" He asks kinda shyly and I nod "yeah" and I sit up to make out with him again.

Carl
Alli and I pull away from each other, just looking at each other. It's kind of a weird situation, it seems like the least awkward moment in the world, but at the same time, it's gonna get awkward since we have to talk about it I guess.

"I'm just gonna say this straight" Alli starts and I listen "we can be make out buddies, or we can be something real. And as dumb as this sounds, I'm kinda down for either, so it's up to you" she says, a slight laugh trailing her words. I didn't even have to think about the answer "I want something real with you Alli".

I began to speak again "You're one of the most hypnotizing people I've ever met. It's like anytime we talk, you just put me in a trance, and I forget all the bad things about this whole apocalypse, because in the long run the bad things don't matter if I have you".

I spoke the words honestly, even if it did sound cheesy, it's true. I saw a smile appear on her face before she spoke "then we'll be something real" she said and I nodded "yeah". Then she laid down "well, this is gonna seem like kind of a pain in the ass move, I'm really happy right now, but I'm till tired, so I'm taking a nap" she told me, closing her eyes as she rolled over.

I have a slight shrug "would you mind if I slept in this bed too then?" I ask and I heard a slight laugh "I'd prefer that actually". She says and I smile, laying down beside her. I fell asleep easily, thinking over everything that had just happened, and I couldn't shake the smile from my face.

Alli
I woke up with Carl's arm draped over me, I felt a sensation of happiness as I realized this. It seemed hard to process everything that had happened, but Carl and I are together now, I liked the idea, so I'm excited to see what's going to happen in the future.

I thought about what Carl had said to me, how I made the bad parts of the apocalypse go away, and as I laid in the bed smiling, with him beside me, I knew that he did the same thing for me, I could hardly remember a feeling besides happiness when I'm with him.