5

Alli
Carl and I went back to the prison early in the morning, I'd spent the whole night teaching him a few songs on the piano, he seemed pretty interested in it. I only ended up getting a few hours of sleep though, because apparently we're going on a run, as I found out from Daryl when he woke me up. I didn't really mind being tired, last night was fun, and I'd rather lose a few hours of sleep than a few hours of memories.

"Alli, I'm going to grab breakfast, want me to wait for you?" I heard Carl's voice outside my cell "Yeah, one sec". I pulled on a loose black t-shirt and a pair of jeans, then grabbed a brush, before I walked out of the cell to meet him. I started fixing my hair as we were walking. "So where are we going today anyway?" I ask, brushing my hair, it must look like a rat's nest.

"Not sure. I think there's a neighborhood that we're checking out, I might be wrong though." He shrugged as he said this. I held the brush between my fingers as I started to part my hair down the middle, I only do it like that when I'm braiding. "Want me to hold that?" Carl laughs, referring to the brush and I laughed a bit in return "yeah, thanks" I say, handing him the brush as I started to do a Dutch braid on the left half of my hair.

"You as tired as I am?" He asks and as if on cue I yawn, then nod my head, laughing. I finished the first braid when we walked into the cafeteria "I think we've got some cereal bars or something if you want me to grab you one." Carl offers, putting my brush on a table and I grin "yeah that'd be great, thanks". I saved him a spot at a table, like yesterday as I finished up the second braid. "I think Daryl's packing up the truck, so we can just eat while we walk there." He tells me and I nod, grabbing my brush and standing up again.

I put my brush away and grab my crossbow when we pass my room, we ate the cereal bars as we walked the the truck. "You guys ready?" Michonne asks as we walk closer and I nod "Yep." Earning a smile from her "Alright lets go then" she said, about to open the passenger side door when Carl yelled "shotgun!".

She laughed "nope, not today" she told him, getting into the car. "What a cheater" Carl said sarcastically and I let out a laugh, within the next few minutes Daryl, Michonne, Carl, and I were in the car, driving to wherever we were going, we were only in the car for twenty minutes or so. "So guys, this neighborhood is kinda big, so we're gonna split up. Carl can come with me and Alli with Michonne." Daryl said in a serious tone, Carl and I nodded.

Carl
I was kinda bummed that Alli and I had to split up, but it's no big deal, gotta stay safe I guess. We pulled into a neighborhood, broken gates surrounded it. "Okay, we'll take this side of the street, you guys take the other" Michonne ordered us, walking to one side of the street beside Alli.

Daryl and I walked into the first house, looking around, making sure there were no walkers. "So I saw that you and Alli have been hanging out" Daryl said, looking inside of a cabinet in the kitchen. "Yeah" "What's she like?" He asked and I smiled a bit "She's pretty awesome, she's funny, smart, pretty independent so I think it's good that we're easing her into group runs." Daryl smiled as I spoke "Anything else?" He asked and I shrugged "she's talented definitely, you know she can sing?" I asked rhetorically and he looked impressed "seems pretty special" he says and I nod "Yeah, she really is".

We grabbed what we could from the kitchen, moving onto the bathroom, there might be meds in there. "Why so curious about Alli?" I asked him and he hesitated a bit "seems like you like her, I was finding out" he chuckles and I feel my cheeks heat up slightly. "I just met her a few days ago, we're just friends." I say and he raises his eyebrows up and down "whatever you say kid".

Alli
"How are you liking the prison?" Michonne asks, walking up the stairs, I followed behind her. "I really like it, everyone's really nice, and it's a really good set up." I answer and she nods "That's good, and don't worry if it takes you a little while to feel at home, it was hard for me to ease into the place, after everything that I'd been through" she tells me and I nod "we'll, if things keep going how they are, I think I'll feel at home in no time" I smile.

"Carl showed you around I assume?" She asks and I nod "yeah, Carl and Beth did yesterday" I tell her, remembering what Carl had told me about his mom. I was tempted to ask Michonne about it, but I figured that it's Carl's decision whether he wants me to know about it or not. I was filling a bag with medicine and stuff from the bathroom. "So Carl says that you're a pretty good scavenger" Michonne says and I nod "yeah, there's nothing left in this world that isn't hidden, you've gotta look everywhere" I say, lifting the lid of the toilet tank to find a pistol and an extra clip inside of a plastic bag.

She looked impressed as I did this "like I said, everywhere" I let out a small laugh as I took the stuff out of the plastic bag and put it into my bag. We went into the bedroom next "what's hidden in here?" She asks and I look around, then walk to the dresser, pulling the top drawer out and putting it onto the bed. I reached into the empty slot, pulling out a pack of batteries and a flashlight "people held up in this neighborhood before, they always hide stuff." I told her, dropping more stuff into my bag "you've really got a gift for this stuff" she tells me and I shrug "leave no stone left unturned, I guess" I say, then we start pulling out more drawers.

Carl
It took a few hours, but we all met back at the truck, we had each found a good amount of stuff. It was almost sundown as we started driving back home. "We've gotta send her on a run with Glenn, both of them together would be a scavenging super power." Michonne told Daryl and I saw Alli's cheeks turn to a red tint. Her eyes stood out more when she blushed.

"So I'm assuming that Michonne saw your magic scavenge skills" I laugh and she nods "I found a gun in a toilet tank" she tells me and I raise my eyebrows "definitely wouldn't have thought of that". She laughs and looks down, it's funny really, she's super outgoing when her and I hang out, but with other people she's shy, it's really cute.