Chapter 1- Introduction

Start from the beginning

"What is going on out here?" Jessy asks and Elizabeth turns to leave. "You're not leaving until you answer me Liz." Ashely says and I look at her face and she has an angered look.

"No let her leave. It's my birthday I really don't want the drama. When Megan is ready she can tell me." I said getting off my bed.

"Lets get ready for class." I said before going into the shower.

****

"Ashely why aren't you ready?" I asked after I was finished getting ready.

"I was on the phone talking to Bryan. Can you believe he's still talking to his ex?" She said tossing her phone on the bed and taking a seat.

"Just go to class without me I'll be there shortly." Her head was down as her fingers kniotted in her lap."Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I'm sure now go or you'll be late." She says looking over at me and I rub her back. She wraps her arms around me giving me a hug.

"I'll be fine. I won't let Bryan upset me anymore. I just need to call him and end things." Her voice cracks and she holds me tighter as if it would forbid me from hearing it, as if it would leave my memory.

"If you want me to stay I will. You know that right?" I asked holding her at arms length to look at her.

"Yeah I know. Just get to class I'll be there soon." She smiles and a tear falls from her eye, her head bows quickly to wipe her tear away as if she thought I wouldn't see it.

I've never seen Ashley cry but I knew that she wanted it to stay like that. So I left.

****

I haven't seen or heard from Derek all day I guess he forgot my birthday... some boyfriend he is.

I exited the classroom and there he is with Talia. She has always been drooling over him. Why was she so close to him and why was he so close to her?

I roll my eyes and walked over to them hugging my books in my hand. "Well if it isn't the campus whore. Hello Derek." I said giving them a smirk.

"Bitch." She snaps and then she kisses Derek on the cheek. "Later Derek." She says in a girly voice.

I took my book and I slammed it in her head hard and her head hits the wall causing her to fall to the ground.

"Bye bitch." She says pulling me from my thoughts and she walks away. I gave her a nice big smile sticking my foot out for her to trip.

She falls straight to the ground and Derek and I both start laughing. I snap my head around giving him a nasty glare and he stops laughing.

"Hey babe." He says leaning in to kiss me. I hold my book up so his mouth smashes into it. "Don't babe me and keep your dirty mouth away from me."

"What did I do this time?" He asks leaning against the wall and folding his hands. "You were flirting with that whore. I can only imagine the dirty things you were saying." I said looking at him with an angry face.

"Everytime you see me with a girl you assume I'm flirting with them." He says pushing his hands in his pocket.

"But that's exactly what you are doing." I said. "At least they'll give me what I want. You're not so why are you complaining?" He says and he looks directly in my eyes.

"So that's what this is about?" I say and his expression softens. "Tobes I'm sorry I-"

"Don't apologize. If you're going to sleep around have some respect for me and not rub it in my face with the whores on campus." I said poking my finger in his chest.

I turn to walk away but turned back to add two more cents. "Oh by the way thanks for telling me happy birthday." I said and his eyes widen. He reaches out to touch me and I storm off with tear filled eyes.

I was walking so fast I could feel my hair blowing and the sound of my heels tapping in the floor echoed in my ears.

I arrive at my door and I open it crying out Ashley's name as I entered. She didn't show up at class and I knew that Bryan's behaviour affected her more than she let off.

I turn the lights on and there she was hanging from the roof. "Ashley!" I shout and my voice echoed in the halls. I ran over to my hanging friend and I tried to take her down.

I fail at doing so and I kneel on the ground holding on to her feet and I cry until other students rush into the room.

****
Megan, Jessy, Elizabeth and I sat together crying. The cops ruled Ashley's death as a murder because there was nothing in the room that said she had climbed up there.

They watch the videos from the security camera but it didn't show anyone entering or exiting the room

Just me when I left and when I returned. No one could have gotten in through the window because we were on the 4th floor.

They later stated her cause of death as suicide. But I knew my friend would never dream of doing that.