Introduction

~Introduction~

"Come on sweetie let's go inside." my mom says.

"Come on let me play outside for just a bit longer?" I ask. I bash my ten year old eyes at my mom, which always works.

"Fine. Just for a little bit longer." she says. I grab my camera and take random pictures in the yard. I then see a movers truck pull up in the house next to us. A minivan soon follows after that. I watch and see a mom and dad come out. They are followed by two girls who look about thirteen. And then I see a boy about my age. He glances at me and I smile. He waves and I take a picture. My mom comes outside with a flower pot.

"Come on Wendy, let's go say hello to our new neighbors." she says. I walk over to her and we begin to walk over there. The neighbors parents walked over to my mom and they shakes hands and introduced themselves. I'm still looking at the boy. I'm the only girl in fourth grade that doesn't believe in cooties. Which puts me ahead in the boy department, so I just stare. He has blonde hair and brown eyes. I take more pictures of all the plants and the house.

"This is my daughter, Wendy." my mom says.

"Hi Wendy! I'm Angela and this is Todd." Angela says.

"Hi." I say shyly. She motions for the boy to come over.

"This is Grant and you two are the same age." she says.

"Hi, Grant. Nice to meet you. I'm Wendy." I hold a hand out for him to shake it.

"Hi." he says. He then shakes my hand and it tingles, which is weird. I thought that only happens when your hand falls asleep.

"We just wanted to welcome you to the neighborhood and everything." my mom said.

"It was so nice to meet you! We will have to get together sometime!" Angela says. She gives my mom a hug and we walk back to our house.

"They are really nice people huh Wendy?" she asks me.

"Yes they are very nice." I say. I turn and see Grant staring at me. He smiles and waves again and I do the same. Maybe we can be friends.

Two Years Later

Middle school changes everything, including people. Kids you thought were nice become so ugly to you, and the boys you thought were your friends suddenly don't talk to you anymore. That is where Grant comes in. We would hang out all the time and I really thought he was my friend. I was wrong though. That first day of middle school should have been amazing. All the girls have hormones out the wazoo and they suddenly realize that Grant is handsome. I've known that ever since I met him. He soon starts to ignore me and stops talking to me. He apparently is way to good for me.

"What are you staring at?" Lisa asked me in the cafeteria.

"Nothing." I say.

"Was it Grant again? Come on I've known you since pre-K! If he doesn't like you for you then he doesn't deserve you." she says.

"Thank you Lisa. I knew I could always count on you." We laugh and I take our picture with my camera. She is my best friend and we have been through practically everything together. I love her to death and I don't know what I would do without her. I look over at where Grant is sitting and he looks at me. He smiles and gives me a slight wave. I do the same. No matter how much of a butt hole he becomes, he is still going to be that shy boy I met two years ago.

~~~~~~~~~

Years go by and it's suddenly high school. I end up getting glasses and I'm a total bookworm, and a so called dork. My only friend is still Lisa and I still have a crush on Grant. He stopped looking and smiling at me. Girls fall all over him hoping to get something out of him. Most girls also consider him a player. I don't care obviously.

"Have a good first day sweetie!" my mom says.

"Thanks." I shut the car door and make my way inside Carlton High. I notice Grant walking in the same time I am.

"What are you looking at nerd?" he asks me.

"Nothing." I say. He then walks away.

If only he knew.