fifteen

"So, you and Hunter huh?" Ariel smirks at me when she finishes a musical.ly. "No, A. I told you he doesn't like me like that" I rolls my eyes. She has her heart set on hunter and I getting together.

Yes, I told her how I felt about him. We've gotten closer these past few months and I'm overly excited that she's going on tour as well.

She knows all about my mom, dad and brother, and because if this she's taken up the roll of being like my "sister".

"Are you kidding?" she pauses for a response but when I don't give her one, she continues, "I'm telling you B. He's completely and totally in love with you."

My stomach turns at the thought, could he really be? Am I overthinking things? Maybe he's sent off hints and I've just not been picking them up.

"Ariel, let's be real here." I shut down my conspiracy theory. It's far fetched anyway.

"I am, Bree. You do know that him and Blake are best friends and they tell each other almost everything,"

I cut her off, "Your point is?"

"You didn't let me finish," she laughs, "I was going to say that Blake tells me everything that Hunter tells him."

"Annnd?"

"Nevermind, you'll find out soon enough" she winks.

"What's that supp-" I'm interrupted by Blake and Hunter barging into Ariels room. "Guys, we have a problem" Blake announces. Hunter tries to speak but Ariel stops him.

"What is it?" she asks. Blake smirks, "Mark is coming on tour with us."

Hunter rolls his eyes. "How's that a problem?" Ariel continues. "Well-" Blake starts but hunter steps in.

"It's not." He glares at Blake. "I'm still very confused about this whole conversation, who's Mark?" I question.

Everyone looks at me, "Mark Thomas? You don't know him?" Blake asks me.

"Blake, she's new to this whole younow,
internet thing" Hunter tells him. I smile at him when he looks back at me.

"Anyway, Mark is a younower too, you'll fit right in with him" Ariel adds. "Okay, sounds good" I smile.

I see hunters expression turn sad, but when he notices I'm looking, he goes back to his normal self.

I let it go, there's no need to ask about it.

"Right then, I better get home, start packing for tomorrow and all." I stand up. "I'll walk you?" Hunter asks.

I consider it for a moment, I would love for him to walk me home, but my mom is supposed to be home today, and if she is, I don't want him to get caught up with her, because they'll talk all night.

"No, it's okay, I'll be fine. Thank you though" I finally sat and send a short smile. He frowns, "You sure?"

"Yep" I smile and walk up to him. "See you tomorrow" I give him a quick hug and say goodbye to Ariel and Blake, then I leave.

It's a really nice day today, the clouds are formed perfectly against the light blue sky.

I'm about five minutes away from home, soaking up the sun rays when someone bumps into me, causing my bag to fall.

Not this again. I think back to when hunter and I first met and smile.

"I'm sorry" a voice, a fairly deep voice says. "It's fine." I say and pick up my bag, then stand up to face the guy.

The first thing I notice is his piercing blue eyes, complemented by his platinum blonde hair.

"Sorry about that, I wasn't paying attention where I was walking." I laugh awkwardly. He smiles, revealing his teeth.

"No it's okay, I get it, it's a really nice day today," he smiles looking sup at the sky, "I'm Mark."

"Mark? As in Mark Thomas?" I ask almost too curiously. He furrows his eyebrows, "um, yeah.. are you a fan?" he smiles, returning his brows to their normal position.

"Actually, this is only the second time I've heard your name. I'm Aubree Bennett."

"Really? You're the girl going on tour with Hunter? Wow, what a coincidence" he laughs.

"You know, you're much prettier in person." he looks at me up and down. Suddenly I feel very self conscious.

I don't get very many compliments.

"Thank you" I finally say. "You're welcome" he smiles. "So are you ready for tour?" he questions.

"As I'll ever be, I guess" I laugh silently, "I've never done this before so I'm pretty nervous" I admit.

"You'll be fine, tour is really fun!" he assures me. "Good to know" I giggle.

"I was just headed to my hotel, do you want to come and hang out for a while?" he asks.

I think about turning Hunter down for the walk. I suddenly feel bad. "Ehh, I don't know, I mean I have to pack and all" I shrug.

"Okay, that's fine, we can hang tomorrow," he smiles, "Can we at least get a selfie?"

"Of course" I laugh as he opens Snapchat on his phone. I stand beside of him, and smile, he snaps the picture.

"Looks good" he says and adds it to his story with the caption, "Look who I ran into 💛"

"Well, I better get going, I'll see you tomorrow?" I start to walk off but he stops me, "Wait! here's my number, talk to you later?" he hands me a slip of paper.

"Sure," I smile, "See you." I say and walk off back on my path to my house.

And just like that, I can't seem to wait until tomorrow.

••••

A/N: ooooo the tea is hot.
why do you think hunter had a problem with mark coming? comment your ideas below :))

p.s: do you think mark and aubree will be good friends or will hunter break it up? mmmm gonna have to wait and see!