ten

I wake up in a warm embrace. Thinking that it was my pillow, I tug on it and cuddle into more.

I then hear laughter come from the pillow.

Wait, pillows don't laugh. I open up my eyes and see my hand draped over hunter.

I frantically sit up, "Oh God, I'm sorry" my cheeks turn red and hunter just laughs.

"It's totally fine" he winks. I grab my actual pillow and hit him with it.

He retaliates and grabs the closet pillow and hits me in my side.

I laugh, "You're such a dork."

"And you're such a geek." He shoots back.

"Ah, see I do not disagree" I reply.

"You're so weird" he chuckles. I shrug my shoulders, "Comes with the geek territory"

"You should know" he chuckles. I laugh along with him because I know he's only joking.

"Now how about we get some breakfast? And then maybe invite Blake and Ariel over? We can have a chill day if you want to." He suggests.

I think about it for a moment, a chill day with them sounds great. They are in fact my only friends.

"Sure, that sounds really fun" I smile.

"Alright, come on then" hunter starts to get up and walk towards the door but I grab his arm, "Hunter, thank you."

He turns, "For what?"

"Just, for being there for me. For cheering me up last night and just for being a great friend" I smile.

"Anytime, Bree. Besides, any girl like you deserves to be treated like a princess." He smiles.

I smile in reply and then hop off of the bed and follow hunter to the kitchen.

On the way, I pass a mirror that is hung up on the wall.

Stopping, I look at the reflection. My eyes are red and puffy from crying last night and my hair is everywhere.

This is not the Aubree I know. This aubree, is heartbroken, she's embarrassed for ever trusting Sean and mad she let herself she let things go on for as long as they did with him.

Sean has done something like this before.

But I let it go and moved on. Yet I still trusted him. But last night was the last straw. Honestly I'm not sure how I'll ever trust anyone again.

"Hey Aubree! My mom wants to know if you like waffles?" Hunter emerges from the kitchen and walks over towards me.

I look at him as his reflection is visible in the mirror.

We make eye contact for a solid second but I swear it felt like minutes.

I cough and turn towards him, "yeah they are my favorite actually."

"Good," he smiles, "they are mine too."

I turn back too the mirror and look at my clothes. "Hey do you mind if I run home and freshen up?"

"No, that's cool. Do you want me to come with you?" He asks.

"It's only a block away, I'll be fine" I explain. "Alright, well the waffles should be done when you get back" he smiles.

"Okay, I'll only be about 20 minutes." He nods his head as I walk over and slip my shoes on and grab my bag.

"See you in a bit" he grins. I smile and nod my head.

I put my hand on the door knob but it opens before I can open it.

When I look up I see Blake and Ariel standing in front of me.

"You guys got here fast" hunter says. "Yeah we were around the neighborhood when you called." Blake shrugs.

"Bree are you okay?" Ariel asks. I can't tell if she's talking about what happened with Sean or if she's talking about what I look like.

Because I look horrid.

"Yeah I'm fine," I lie, I'm the opposite of fine, "I'm just going to change and freshen up at my house."

"I'll come with, I could use some girl time." She says.

Honestly, I wanted to have some time by myself but it will also be good to have someone to talk to who's probably been through a breakup before.

"okay" I smile weakly. "Bye Hunter! Bye Blake, I love you" She kisses Blake's cheek and he smiles and replies, "Love you too."

Memories of Sean fly back into my brain. All the "I love you's" and times we've laughed and smiled.

I feel tears form beneath my eyelids but I hold them back.

"Come on, better get going." I say and step past them out of the door and start walking on the street to my house with Ariel trailing behind.

••••

A/N: next chapter will be in Hunters point of view ;)