Chapter 2: Glances

Nice to meet you, where you been?

I could show you incredible things

Magic, madness, heaven, sin

Saw you there and I thought

Oh my God, look at that face

You look like my next mistake

Love's a game, wanna play?

-Taylor Swift Blank Space

The ride to Hogwarts was interesting to say the least. The duo spent the majority of the ride trying to avoid their "soulmates". They had hoped that they hadn't returned to school, as most of the Slytherin "8th years" had went to spend their last school year at Durmstrang.

Unfortunately at the prefects meeting, not only did they find out that both Draco Malfoy and Blaise Zabini had returned, they had also found out they would have no choice but to interact with them, as they were the only 8th years to return, so they were the only prefects of their year. Since Hermione and Ron wouldn't be due back to school til much later or not at all, Head Boy and Head Girl rank had fallen to Harry and Ginny. And while at first they were ecstatic about that position, they now loathed their badges and wished they could chuck them off the astronomy tower.

What made the situation absolutely terrible is the fact that both men looked delectable to both Harry and Ginny. As Harry was reading off the new rules and events, Ginny glared at Draco when he wasn't paying attention. She found that though she found the git absolutely repulsive and vile, she couldn't help that he was rather easy on the eyes. That was an understatement. Draco was nothing short of perfection. His arrogance had led him not to change into his uniform before he came to the meeting like he was supposed to. Instead, he was wearing a tight and very expensive tee that showed that quidditch body very well, along with muggle jeans that looked like they cost more than what both she and Harry had brought with them, and they had brought nothing but new clothes. She couldn't help but look at his chiseled face. As if it was crafted by the finest and smoothest porcelain. And those eyes. Like brushed steel.

She kept trying to stop herself from looking. Draco had somewhat helped with that because every now and then, he could feel the red head's eyes on him, and he would glance over at her, only to have her look down or the other way rather quickly.

'Hmmm...the lady weasel seems to have me in her line of sight for some reason.' He said to himself. 'Can't say I blame her. Look at me. Who wouldn't want this. Shame she's a bloody blood traitor, and not only that, the worst of them. A Weasley. Still, she’s pretty hot.'

When it came time for Ginny to give out the rounds schedules and explain protocol, Harry took the time that had to just sit there and try not to look at the beauty that was indeed Blaise Zabini. He had only seen him around Draco, but he had never interacted with him outside of Quidditch, nor had Blaise ever said anything to him when Draco would antagonize him and his friends. He just seemed to be there and maybe laugh on occasion. In fact, if it wasn't for the fact that Blaise was a chaser on the Slytherin team, he probably wouldn't even have matched his face with his name.

In his attempts to not look at him, he realized that Blaise Zabini was really a sight to behold. He was an African/Italian boy with skin like smooth fresh chocolate and eyes that at first glance you would think was a deep dark brown, almost black, but in reality they were the darkest pools of blue, a couple shades darker than Luna's walls. His face was narrow but very much defined in the best way. He seemed attentive yet relaxed, a toothpick sticking out of his mouth, his wand he was twirling with his fingers.

He had on his uniform, but it wasn't proper. His first two buttons were unbuttoned, showing a bit of skin, his Slytherin tie was draped on his shoulder as if he didn't care about it being there, and his long legs were stretched out and propped up by expensive dress shoes.