She-Ra's Rise to Wattpad Fame

First thing I wish I learnt….by @palominolane AKA She-Ra

             Hey guys,

          Thanks for joining me, I was just thinking about the first thing I wish I ever learnt when I started to write, the thing that would have changed my writing from being horrendously terrible to probably just plain terrible.

            This bit of knowledge just becomes more and more blatant to me as I go back through my first ever attempt at writing and work with my editor (the lovely @LadyDawn) to get this Talon (The Change) presentable enough so that I may have it self-published so that I can hold it in my grubby little hands and say that I finished it and be proud of it because it was something I never thought I would do.

            And that piece of knowledge is…

            To write and to leave it.

        Write it and then leave it a couple of days and if your brain is anything like mine, it will constantly think about it and change a few things for the better… or give you a better understanding of the scene.

            I love examples so I will pull out a bit of the next chapter I’m going to rewrite and work on.

       One of my biggest flaws when I first started to write was that I constantly ‘head hopped’ meaning I swapped point of views like the world was due to end. Its one of the things I have found the hardest to change because I like to know everything lol and frankly it takes a lot more effort when writing in third person to describe another persons feelings by their actions and expressions than just write it.

            But Wattpad readers are notorious for not liking head hopping lol… beware.

            So here is the part I’m going to work on… I’ll end it with **

                                                                        ***

            He remembered its expression when he had caught it. (he’s talking about a vampire here)

            Pure lust.

            A monster… just like him.

            Finally when the assistant asked them what they wanted, Talon managed to slip her hand out of his. It instantly felt cold and alone, she flexed it several times to show it who was boss.           

          “You didn’t hurt me! It would take a lot more than holding my hand.” She mumbled not looking at him. She had noticed him eyeing her flexing hand and looking at his face had put two and two together.

            “Are you sure?”

          “Yes, I would kick you if you had hurt me.” She grinned as she thanked the assistant for the ice cream.

          Channing grabbed his and paid. “You know,” he admitted as they walked out,” I have never had an ice cream.”

            “Really? Why not?”

            “Do you see me as the type of person that just pops in to grab a Rainbow ice cream with sprinkles?”

            Talon sat on a near by bench and licked her ice cream.