It's All About Imagination with Electra

Hey,

         Cora here and today is the day that I spill my infinite knowledge of writing Fantasy/Adventure.  Of course I am no expert, nor am I entitled to knew the in’s and out’s, what not to do, when it comes to fantasy and adventure because, well…there is no rules.  Ok, I lied there are a few rules but that can be explained much later for now the most important thing you need to know when starting a Fantasy/Adventure Novel and or Story is Imagination.

         Now don’t try to throw any cocky smirks just because you have already know about this particular topic, everyone thinks they have” Imagination” when in fact that isn’t true at all. Not everyone can come up with something extravagant from the top of their head; those kinds of people are extremely rare. Don’t get me wrong, I am sure a lot of you here reading this has Imagination, Heck even I have that bobbing around in my head 24-7, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, but having just imagination isn’t going to make your novel or book stand out.

 Imagination is the key to a fantasy novel.

Imagination is the door that could unlock countless creative masterpieces.

Imagination could make you a bestselling author (True for most people).

         It’s a craft and like any writing craft you have to excel at it, you can just write;

         James glanced behind him to see his best friend Jerry the panda eating a taco. Suddenly, a flying dragon swooped in with a magical pearl that gives anyone immortality.  James was the first to jump up and run toward the dragon with the pear put Jerry the panda was too quick and beat him to the punch holding to ticket to infinite life.

         That min-paragraph was weird; unorganized but still showed the qualities of imagination. It expressed that it was: Original, Different, and last creative. Those three points is what makes up imagination, without it there could be no story, world, characters, creatures, magic pear that gives infinite life (who wouldn’t want one of those).  When it comes to the Imagi – Imagination for short, you need to be different and original that’s the whole point to a fantasy/ adventure novel.  No one wants to read a book about something that has already been done, that’s boring and clearly uncreative and creativity is a huge focus point and the head of the Imagi pyramid so to speak.  You have to be willing to go beyond the world of reality and pull out the dragons yet to be undiscovered, the knight yet to stand before greatness and the thief who hasn’t quite gotten his dagger and the mastery of theft taken care of.

         In order for you to write a good fantasy/adventure novel you need to expand you’re creative mind, write something that is far beyond what anyone would ever imagine.  It’s up to you to make a road for your stories to come to life; it takes dedication and work to really master imagination. It’s not easy to come up with something Original, it takes time to mold what you have in front of you and turn it into something beautiful but if you work hard I’m sure anyone that is reading this will have what it takes to create something extraordinary! 

         Who knows maybe you can be the next J.K Rowling?

        That’s all I have for Imagination, I know it’s not much but give me some praise for at least typing in some paragraphs. Anyway, thanks for reading: It's All about Imagination, the next article will be about Character building; How to make a Hero/Villain- The Right Way!