Chapter Twenty-Seven

Start from the beginning

She advised.

Thank you Aunty Yusra. You are the only person that knows my marital problems. My confidant. And your pieces of advice are genius. Insha Allah i'll do my best. I'm on a quest to win his heart anyways. And i plan on achieving that with excellence.

She smiled.

One more thing! I know we've never quite discussed the issue of his child bearing potential. You've made quite a number of friends back at KT and you've met and interacted with most of their relatives. I'm quite certain that you've heard gossips from people tainting him sterile. That being the reason his ex-wife left him. But by Allah he isn't. Allah will bless him, you both with a child when He, the almighty dims fit. At His own time. Just be patient and love him wholeheartedly. Without reservations. Ruqayyah, please.

Her eyes pleaded.

The Abdulhamids are so lucky to have a person like Aunty Yusra in their lives. A very kind and sincere being she is.

Ya Abdulazeez has got to be the luckiest man on earth for having you. Although it is said that 'Good men are for good women'.

(Waves hand and smile) Let's go Adda Ruky. Abu Zayyad is calling.

*
During the flight, he told me stories about his school life and some of his friends. Also chipped in a part about Sakinah but tactfully changed the topic when he sensed my discomfort.

Hours later, we were standing in the reception of Echo Beach Hotel Zanzibar, Tanzania. He made reservations for a suite under his name few days prior to our arrival.

The suite is exquisite with a view of the beach.

Ya Ahmad suggested we go to the restaurant after freshing up and praying but i was so tired. I couldn't. He ordered room service instead. I ate to fill and slept immediately i crawled into bed.

Ahmad

The following day, i got the receptionist to hire a taxi to drive us to the Zanzibar stone wall.

My wife wore an army green stoned silk dress and wrapped a cream veil around her head. I settled for denim pants and a cream tee shirt. And slung my canon camera around my neck. A tourist guide showed us around Mji Mkwongwe (Stone Town) boasting quite a number of landmarks and historic buildings. We had so much fun today and i took alot of pictures, mostly of her. Back at the hotel, i had dinner set on the beach. We walked hand in hand as the gentle breeze of the ocean blew against us. She looked in awe at the setting when we stopped in front of a lush carpet spread on the beach sand. On it stood stands holding red lit candles and a basket of fruits. On the side are two glasses with a bottle of non-alcoholic apple cider. Beside the carpet is an impeccably dressed waiter who introduced himself as Ronnie and who would be serving us through out the evening.

Wow! Ya Ahmad this is just beautiful.

She beamed, a glint in her eyes. The corners of my lips etched into a smile. I was so glad she likes it. Over dinner, we talked and laughed about alot of random stuff.

I never knew she could be so carefree and relaxed. A break from her usual shy self. Every time she smiles, my heart thumps in my chest and its beat escalates, which is well, all the time. I kept taking random photos of her on my phone.

The next day, we decided we would ride a ferry and later on spend the day on the beach. For the day, she wore a multi coloured printed dress with matching sandals. She looks good in just about anything.

Zanzibar has been fun. From the sunset on the beach, to romantic dinners. Visits to tourist sites. Long walks hand in hand on the beach. Sinking our feets on the hot soft sands. Shopping for sourvenirs. We even got matching sunglasses and i got her a beautiful handmade hairpiece from a girl of probably not more than ten years.

I loved every minute of our stay. I got to find out many things about my wife. From her favorite color, to her favorite food. Her best childhood memories. Her favorite writer to her best movie. And a whole lot other stuff. But sadly our stay on the island had come to an end and we were looking forth to our next destination.

On the seventh day of our trip, we had one of the best  coffees i've ever tasted at a cosy coffee shop in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The next day we tried out a number of Ehiopian cuisines rating each ranging from five stars for those sweet carrots served with rice to just a scrunch of the face when we tasted the green veggies served alongside pasta.

On the ninth day, we lazily talked with her head rested on my shoulders as we waited for our flight at the Bole international airport.

Hours later, we landed in Paris. She looked so tired. So when we checked into our hotel, prayed and ate, i left her to rest while i went out to explore. It is her birthday the next day so i made reservations for lunch at an exquisite French restaurant. I went to a mall and headed for the jewelry store. Standing in front of the counter, i told the sales guy that i wanted something unique for my wife. The french guy placed a call and spoke to the person on the other end in flawless French. The guy didn't even look French. Few minutes later, a lanky french lady emerged through the double doors on the other side. She held two boxes in hand and approached me with a huge smile plastered on. The business smile. When i saw the contents of that box, i was awed. One of the pieces caught my eye. It's a beautifully crafted bracelet which comes along with a key in a locket. I kept my eyes transfixed on it as the lady delicately held it up.

English gold monsieur. Good for a wife.

She spoke in her thick French accent.

It is so simple yet very beautiful. Intricately crafted with great craftsmanship and skill. I handed the salesman my credit card and gave him the details. The woman wrapped it up for me. Leaving the store, i got her designer perfumes and boxes of assorted chocolates. I was passing by a store when i spotted a beautiful red dress on a mannequin. I couldn't just turn away from it. It's like it was beckoning me. Calling unto me. So i got it for her as well, hoping it will be the right fit. By the time i got back to the hotel, she was fast asleep.

*
In the morning, we had a delicious French breakfast before we went touring around Paris. She kept getting messages and often looked up at me when she receives any. When she called Mama, she was so excited she kept repeating "thank you mama i thought you forgot too" as she glanced at me. She kept hinting that today is some sort of a special day for her but i kept dismissing her hints. There's this one time she called my name and was about to tell me but i took a photo of her instead. So she gave me that captivating smile of hers and lowered her head.

At the Luxembourg garden, i took a selfie of the two of us. The very first time we've taken a photo together. We later went to the Grand mosque of Paris and prayed. After there, we went back to the hotel to nap. I excused myself out of the room and went on a walk to place some calls to confirm the reservation i made at the three star restaurant L'Ambroisie.

Sorry for the wait lovelies. I really wanted to update a chapter earlier than this. Been busy as a bee!
Do click on the star.
❤❤❤