one; first impressions

"And with his gaze; I was the
prey trapped between his teeth."

~

     LILY knew that agreeing to leave the safe room of her dorm would later have her regret it. Later being now.

     The stench of alcohol and sweat drifted through her nostrils and caused her to scrunch her face in disgust.

     Her roommate, Lucy, had begged her all week to leave her cooped up room and breathe in fresh air instead of the books she had her nose buried in.

     Lucy had insisted for the longest time; until Lily couldn't bare the annoyance anymore and agreed. Being fitted into a tight, black dress, however, she did not agree too.

     Yanking on the short length, she stood awkwardly to the side of the grinding bodies and drunk teens in front of her. Suddenly, she felt a warm breath on the back of her neck that sent goosebumps along her skin.

     "And who might you be, beautiful?" A husky voice whispered from behind her as a pair of lips brushed against the nape of her neck. Warm hands trailed along her arms and tugged her back against a snug body.

     "Hey," She snapped. "Don't touch me without asking." She said with a glare. The man chuckled and raised his hands in a mock surrender.

     "Feisty, I like it." He purred. His orange locks stood out like a sore thumb-- resembling a lion's mane.

     She noticed the flirty grin on his face and the way his eyes twinkled and settled on the cleavage that was being shown off by her dress.

     "Listen, I'm not interested in you so if you would please leave me be, that would be great." She rolled her eyes and suddenly gained back her confidence. She crossed her arms over her chest and a scowl settled onto her face.

     "Alright, I'll leave you alone. One condition though; you must tell me your name, cutie." He smirked. Lily rolled her eyes and let a huff pass through her lips.

     "Fine. My name is Lily. Since you know my name, may I at least know yours as well?" She asked with a raised brow. The man smirked and adjusted the blue collar around his neck.

     "The names Loke, sweetcheeks. Don't worry, Lily, it's a name you'll never forget." A look in his eyes made Lily's heart rate speed up. It was the way his eyes held the predator gaze; a lion waiting to attack his prey. Or in this instance, her.

     She swallowed thickly and watched as he made his way to the dance floor, still keeping his eyes locked onto hers.

     Loke was accurately right about one thing from that faithful night; she would never forget his name.