4.

//credit to imavideogamenerd for this amazing idea. Thank youu//

Tom tried pushing the door again. Of course, it didn't budge. He took a breath and started to run at it to try to break it down. Matt stopped him.
The ginger pulled a wrench out of no where and started to bash the handle.

"Matt, what the hell are you doing?!" 

Matt turned his head and smiled at Tom. "Why, breaking the doorknob of course!"

"THAT'S- actually pretty smart..."

Matt giggled despite the situation and continued hitting the brass knob until it broke off.

"Aha!" Matt swung the door easily open. "After you, good sir."

Tom didn't let him finish before pushing past Matt and into the apartment.

"Edd?!" Tom called through the room. No response.

"Edd?" Matt was looking under dishes and pillows, all earlier intelligence seemed to have vanished.

Tom crept warily down the hall to the  bathroom and opened the door.
There was a green heap on the floor.

"E-Edd?"

Edd lifted his head slowly and turned to face Tom.
The blue Brit gasped upon seeing Edd's face.
A wide grin was painted on his face. It wouldn't have bothered Tom if there wasn't buckets of black ooze flooding from Edd' s eyes and mouth.

Matt peered over Tom's shoulder and screamed at the sight. Tom shushed him and turned back to Edd.

"H-hey, buddy. You ok?"

Edd's only response was hacking up more of the black stuff.
The air was rank with the sent of gasoline.

Tom knelt beside the brunette, starting to panic.

"Edd, what-"

Giggling interrupted him.

Edd's shoulders shook as he chuckled. The giggling slowly grew into full out laughter.
It was distorted and fell on Matt and Tom's ears wrong. They both sat in horrified silence as Edd started gasping for air in between bouts of laughter.

Tom was the first to wake from the silent daze. He grabbed onto Edd, shaking him slightly, trying to snap him out of whatever was assailing him.

Edd' s breath hitched, choking on some of the ooze. His breathing sped up for a moment before he slumped, unconscious, into Tom's arms.

//*author screech* no time for more!//