Chapter 7 - Flashback

I waited impatiently in the hallway, wringing my hands in hope that this talk will change things for Jeremy and Jules. Jeremy came in a few seconds later than I did, looking a little..... angry? Oh, no. What did I do to make him angry?

'Who do I have to beat up, Quinn?' he threatened in a low voice, frightening me. 'I swear I'm gonna kill the bastard who thought he had the right to hurt -'

'No, no, no, no, no!' I whisper-yelled panicking. ' I swear it's no one, if anyone even asked me out in the first place you know you would be the first person to know. And I swear I haven't been with anyone since that Brad guy and I broke up with him a few days before they gave holidays, remember, because you didn't like him!'

His eyes softened and he slowly unclenched his fists. I heaved a sigh of relief. I still remembered that day when he broke....... his nose, permanently may I add, for me.

Flashback

I rolled my eyes as yet another person came to me telling me how sorry they are that Jeremy and I broke up. I keep telling everyone that we didn't have a bad break up and that he was still my best friend and that we had taken our own decisions but rumours had spread around the school before I even entered school on Monday morning.

Some say that Jeremy had found out that I had been sleeping with drug-dealers in return for drugs. Some thought that Jeremy was actually a man-hoe and was actually sleeping with old ladies for money, basically being a man-prostitute. Seriously, I mean I know we were jocks and were popular and all that but we weren't the typical popular kids that everyone thought we were, the ones from other schools. Honestly, I didn't even think the others were like that. I think they were just stupid rumours.

I sighed as I saw a group of girls, whispering to each other, outwardly pointing at me. They started to walk towards me but I quickly turned and sprinted towards the bathrooms, not wanting to talk to another bunch of idiots. I walked into the bathroom and went into a stall, putting down the toilet seat and crouching on top of it. I pulled my legs towards me and off the ground, wrapping arms around my ankles and then kept my chin on my knees. I sighed, thinking deeply, deciding to just skip calculus. I clearly wasn't in a good mood, going and listening to numbers and fractions was certainly not gonna help me.

I leaned my head back against the wall as two girls came in chattering wildly about some guy in the park. I sat there quietly not saying a word as they finished their business and left.

I had been in many relationships before but the one with Jeremy was my most serious one. I mean I gave the guy my virginity for christs sake. Deep down I knew I had no feelings like that for him -at least no romantic feelings- but I thought he was perfect, he thought I was perfect, everyone thought we were perfect together - we were the perfect couple. He had been my best friend even before 'us' happened and I trusted him and I had hoped that 'us' would work out, that I needed to give it a chance because I would never get a guy like him, he was just that much amazing. That's why I decided to give 'us' a shot. That's why I said 'yes' when he asked me out on a date. That's why I said 'yes' when he asked me whether he could kiss me. That's why I said nothing except moan in approval for all the make-outs that happened between us. That's why..... that's why when.. that's why when he asked me if I was sure if I was ready, I said... 'yes', just hoping that him deflowering me would help get our relationship to a deeper level. that I would start feeling something other than just a high school crush for him. Anything.... even......love.

But three months passed after we did it and there was nothing. I was getting frustrated and I could see Jeremy was too. We tried our best to make it work, then one day we screwed up the courage to talk to each other about it and we decided and settled things between, fortunately without much arguing.