Day Celery

Favourite Episode

T

his is actully from Twelve. Ever since I saw it, Twelve instantly became my second favourite Doctor. And I realized this is how the world should be.

The Zygon Inversion.

I love that one. I have memorized the entire speech (still working on some parts....).

That speech is how the world should work. Instead of fighting, just sit down and talk. And if you do fight, you have no idea who's going to die. And once you've won, and everything is perfect, what are people going to do once they win? How will they use what they've won to their advantage? They don't know. We just need to talk. That's all. Talk. And think. Two very simple things. That's all.

I'll spam you, then slow the full transcript of the speech.

Now this is the full transcriptof the speech.

The Doctor: You just want cruelty to beget cruelty. You're not superior to people who were cruel to you. You're just a whole bunch of new cruel people. A whole bunch of new cruel people, being cruel to some other people, who'll end up being cruel to you. The only way anyone can live in peace is if they're prepared to forgive. Why don't you break the cycle?

Bonnie: Why should we?

The Doctor: What is it that you actually want?

Bonnie: War.

The Doctor: Ah. And when this war is over, when -- when you have the homeland free from humans, what do you think it's going to be like? Do you know? Have you thought about it? Have you given it any consideration? Because you're very close to getting what you want. What's it going to be like? Paint me a picture. Are you going to live in houses? Do you want people to go to work? What'll be holidays? Oh! Will there be music? Do you think people will be allowed to play violins? Who will make the violins? Well? Oh, You don't actually know, do you? Because, just like every other tantruming child in history, Bonnie, you don't actually know what you want. So, let me ask you a question about this brave new world of yours. When you've killed all the bad guys, and it's all perfect and just and fair, when you have finally got it exactly the way you want it, what are you going to do with the people like you? The troublemakers. How are you going to protect your glorious revolution from the next one?

Bonnie: We'll win.

Doctor: Oh, will you? Well maybe -- maybe you will win. But nobody wins for long. The wheel just keepts turning. So, come on. Break the cycle.