011

DRACO

"Red hair... and a hand-me-down robe. You must be a Weasley."

All throughout dinner, Draco's hand was in his pocket, flipping the ring box in his hands. The plans were going smoothly and the Ball was approaching quickly – too quickly for his likings. Barely a week to go and there was no signs of him asking Hermione to the ball. There was simply no perfect way to ask her.

Everyone around the school was growing anxious; more than him because of the dangerous flow of gossip. Pansy was getting frustrated with him along with Crabbe and Goyle because they were expected to announce his every move. But since Draco's ties with Hermione were barely acknowledged by others than her intimate friends, it was safe to say that it was out of the public's eyes.

A brown head girl took the seat opposite Draco, a frown etched on her brow. Pansy was angry and clearly had a very serious problem with Draco. They both knew it was because of the ball, and Draco couldn't care less.

"What the bloody-hell is going on with the Ball, Draco? I have heard nothing and I am getting nothing." She crossed her arms and glared at him demandingly. Draco was getting annoyed and bored of her, simply because of her high standards and weak understanding of not getting everything she wanted.

When she saw that Draco had no intention of replying, she slammed her hands on the table, directing everyone's gazes to the pair. This was going to be the headlines, very soon.

"Draco Malfoy, if you have any intention of asking me to be your date to the Ball, you bloody hell better hop to it, or I swear that I'll-"

"Swear what?" Draco bit, finally not being able to tolerate her unwelcome attitude. "Do you want to be asked or not? Hm?"

Pansy fell silent and shut her mouth tightly, too afraid to oppose the Draco Malfoy.

"You have pushed it too far and now I don't even want to consider you as a possible girl to ask. So, please go and bother some other poor, unfortunate soul."

A quiver of her lips and Pansy was gone, giving Draco the silence that he finally got. His head was in his hands and his eyes closed, welcoming the normal sound of no one directing their conversations to him or even including him within their own.

"How's asking Hermione going?" Goyle questioned once Draco's silence was strangling them too much. "Has she said yes?"

Draco glared at him from the corner of his eye. Tense jaw and a frown and Draco really was getting pushed over the edge. Everyone expected too much from someone that had no need for the attention. He was just a Head Boy with an influential family and pea-brain friends. It really was a strange combination that somehow bothered him in all the right and wrong places.

His steel grey eyes scanned the room, specifically searching for one girl that had been on his mind for the past weeks. He could easily find her in the mix with her nose in the book he gave her and others asking her about it. Every time she said something, she would smile brightly and her eyes would light up. But when Ron asked her about it, she caught Draco staring at her. He could only wink at her, causing a blush to break out on her cheeks. Diverting her gaze, she returned to talking to Ron.

But she still was looking at Draco in her peripheral vision. When he stood, she saw him, and excused herself when he was out of the hall. Within a few moments, Hermione approached Draco who was standing atop a moving staircase.

She was smiling up at him and he was smirking back.

"So when are you going to ask me the question that seems to be burning up your mind?" Draco questioned. It wasn't hard to tell that Hermione was itching to ask him something. Her lips would twist to the side and she would study his unreadable face.

"You were planning on asking me to the Slytherin Ball" Hermione started. "So when are you going to ask me?"

Draco chuckled and took a few steps down, bouncing the ring-box between his fingers. "How did you know?"

"I'm not just a pretty face" Hermione joked. "It was easy to piece together. You hadn't asked Pansy yet and you were suddenly paying all this attention to me. Joined one and one and I got the answer."

Draco's eyes were sparkling, and so were Hermione's. She took a couple of steps upwards until they were on the same step together, their smug smiles merely inches away from each other. Draco was enjoying it too much as Hermione's cheeks hued a deep pink at the sudden realisation of reality.

"You want me to ask you in a grand process? Flowers? Chocolates? Or how about Butter Beer with extra foam?" Hermione giggled and Draco felt pleased. "Or how about this?"

He leaned down over her to place and small yet long kiss on her lips, feeling the urge to melt into her warmth. When he pulled away, he was already missing her.

Reading his mind, she lifted back up to join her lips with his.

They were both loving it with no other students around to probe and pry into their private life.

Pulling back, Draco whispered, "Are you saying yes?"

Hermione giggled and nodded her head, slowly beginning to stroll back down the stairs. But quickly, she threw one last comment over her shoulder. "A million and one times – yes."

Short but sweet but I hope you enjoyed it!

Love,

Matilda