Mysterious Mail

Chapter 19

I could tell which building was the town hall because of the size and the fact that that there is some gold details. The town hall back from where I came from is just made of wood and stone. As we walk to the town hall I can see Flame's red silk clothing through the crowd in the town square and I have to stop myself from smiling. If I smile for what seems like no reason people will look at me weirdly and I don't want that.

Being distracted I almost run into a little boy and a little girl who had been running past but stopped when they saw me, Sky and Olivia. They gawked at us and I smiled. They were actually really cute.

A women, whom I'm assuming is the children's mother, ran up to usher them back to wherever. When she saw the awe on the children's faces, she looked up and gave a quick curtsy. "I'm sorry your majesty we'll move out of your way right away." She said when she stood up. She moved her kids out of the way and leaned down to them. "See that man?" She asked. The kids nodded. "That's the king." The little kids faces were adorable as they figured out what was going on. I'm guessing that this is a town in the Budder Kingdom.

I turned back to see Sky give me a slight impatient look. I could tell he was amused by the children, but he didn't really show it. I started walking towards the town hall again.

Even with all this happiness I still feel that something's not right. I look around again to see less people than most would expect normal for this time of day. How did I miss that before? Maybe I'm just paranoid and this is normal for this town, but I'm doubting that. I've always been overly cautious, but that has done me good before. Once I was in the woods during the day, when people don't expect to see mobs, I had been kinda just going for a walk and if I saw any food I would have gone for it. If it weren't for the fact I can be jumpy I would have gotten sneak attacked by a zombie. I had heard a quiet shuffle behind me and I whipped around pulling out my sword. I had managed to save myself, so I don't want to doubt my instincts. I'll have to keep an even tighter watch on the place.

We were now standing in front of the town hall. It was bigger up close, that's for sure. Sky and Olivia had given their horses to a stable hand and Olivia carried Snowy as she walked in beside Sky. I paused for a moment before I was about to follow them. "Wait!" I heard somebody yell. I turned to see the little boy and girl running towards me.

I stood there patiently. "Could you give this to the king?" The boy asked handing me a small package.

"And this to the princess?" The girl asked handing me another small package.

"Sure can do!" I smiled.

"And this is for you!" The girl beamed while handing me an envelope. I was surprised at this, I never got mail before. Then she motioned for me to lean down. "You seem like a person we can trust, and who could help." She smiled again but I could tell she was faking it, and she wanted me to as well. I smiled kindly like she told me a funny secret. Her eyes lit up when I did.

"Thank you very much!" I told them. They nodded and smiled before running off. Strange. I knew something was off about this place and these kids seem to know what. It didn't really matter at this very moment because Olivia and Sky were probably waiting for me. I checked myself over and smiled seeing not a scale had changed from the shiny gold it was.

With that I turned and walked into the building. "Where have you been?" Sky asked when I walked through the doors.

"Getting mail." I replied simply, motioning to the packages. He nodded and we were shown to our rooms. I handed both Olivia and Sky their packages and headed to my room, not in the mood for super.

Then and only then did I open the envelope.

~-~-~-~-

AN

I know it's short, but it's out sooner than if I made it long and I thought it would a good idea to make you wonder what was in the envelope. BAI! :D