Trust

Chapter 29

Seto's P.O.V.

"Are you sure about this?" I asked nervously as I followed the girl through the underground hallways.

"I think so?" Her reply only made me more worried about what she was planning on doing. What if it hurt me or something? What if something went wrong? "Calm down. It won't be that bad if something messes up. I hope." I still had a hard time fathoming that she knew what I was thinking right away, but she had told me it had to do with who she was.

We eventually walked into one room that seemed familiar. I had a large thing that glowed against one cave-like wall along with something at waist height with a bunch of small buttons on it. The room was fairly dark with the major light source being the thing along the one wall. The girl just walked up to the thing that was waist high and began pushing a bunch of the buttons. The light seemed to change was she pushed the buttons, but she didn't seemed fazed at all.

"Seto, could you take two steps to your right?" I jumped at the sudden sound as the room had been so quiet. I took the two steps to my right like she asked and she nodded as if she knew I had moved exactly as she wanted without even looking back at me. "Thank you. I just have to press one last button and that should be the trick. You ready?"

I gulped. "I guess so."

~-~-~-~-

Squid Jolene's P.O.V.

"Give her another one of those shots. I doubt that the dragon girl taking control was completely by force." The king of all squids stared down at me. I was being held by two guards in the king's private chambers. After waking not long ago, I had been taken straight here. Not a word had been said to me until now.

"May I inquire what is happening your majesty?" I asked, being completely clueless as to what was going on. My memories from the last time I was awake were fuzzy and I was having trouble recalling them.

The king narrowed his eyes at me. "Don't play dumb, you know exactly what I mean."

"If it has to do with the last time I was awake, I am sorry to inform you that I am having trouble with remembering what happened." I lowered my head apologetically.

"Give her one just in case. I don't want any more accidents." The king informed the guards.

"Yes sire." The two squids then pulled me out the door and began to walk me down the halls.

As we walked I looked around. A few hybrids and squids scattered about that looked at us as we passed. Some would turn to whisper to those nearby. I just ignored them, and oddly enough it was easy, as if I had done this a bunch before.

Passing a set of half open doors, I paused. I had a strange pull to the room, like something important needed to be done in there. It took me a moment to realize this was the room where team crafted was being held. Why did I feel such a strong pull to go in there then?

A sudden wave of pain washed over me and centered around me head. I collapsed to the ground clutching the main point of the pain. Memories shot into me, all wanting to be noticed. My mind struggled to keep up with the speed of information flowing into it.

I gasped as it stopped and realized the two who were walking with me were now standing over me with concerned looks. "I'm fine." Though my reply was pained and through gritted teeth, the they believed me and helped me up.

I looked back over my shoulder as the three of us began to walk again. I now knew what was going on. The original owner of this body had taken control long enough to say some things. The king was angry and didn't want to take the chance that SHE would take control again so he was making them give me a shot that would finish off what the one they had originally given to her was supposed to do. Eradicate the true owner of this body and any ability to choose sides by the one in control and basically force this body, and whatever power contained within that they were after, to be completely loyal to the squids. I had a feeling that we, me and her, were supposed to play a vital role in what was happening. If the squids managed to successfully do what they wanted, I had a feeling only the squids, and possibly the squid hybrids, would be happy.

There has to be something I can do to bring peace upon this land - and bodies of water I guess - for both sides. I had to find a middle ground.

"That's what I'm taking about!" I nearly fell over in surprise at the sound of a voice in my head. "Whoops. Sorry about that. I got the strength to talk to you not long ago and then I heard you train of thought so I thought I'd let you finish. I guess I'm still used to people knowing I'm around before I talk."

"It's okay. I just wasn't prepared for anybody to talk to me really." I mentally laughed.

"I may have jumped around in some people's heads and listened to their thoughts and what was going on around them as I gathered my strength and I found a way to prevent our complete internal destruction and total squid loyalty, but you'll need to play along as one of them afterwards. If this does end up working, maybe I'll teach you to tap into your inner dragon... as long as you hide how far you've gone down that road from the squids. They want to control me, or us I suppose, because of these powers. We're strong without the powers sure, but with full access to all of them we could basically be unstoppable with our ability to adapt and change to the environment and all sorts of fighting styles. We may be just a tad OP at times." She giggled.

"How do we stop them? What'll I have to do?" I asked her as I walked through the door to my room. There were some of our doctors and scientists in the room and I noticed, among other equipment in the room, a syringe full of a squid blue liquid. My stomach leaped at the sight. Stupid needles could just go die.

"I know right. Needles are so evil!" She grumbled. "Anyways, after what happens here I just need you to pretend to be completely loyal to the squids. Do things like following orders given to you and adapting to the environment around you, but that won't be hard for you to do besides for the fact that your moral compass might feel like it will explode at any moment. I know you'll be able to do it because you are me. I'll handle what's going on in here, just follow what they say and when the time comes I'll take control and save us here. After this, you'll have to be like one of them until I tell you, okay?"

"Got it." I responded. Hopefully this ended quickly, just being in the same room as that needle made me want to scream and run to find a place to hide, but I know I wouldn't find one. There was nowhere in this base that they wouldn't be able to find me. I'd just have to trust her to do whatever she was going to be doing.

  ~-~-~-~- 

AN

A wild update appeared! For Christmas you'll get another another chapter today as well! Look out for that.