Attacked

Chapter 9

Jolene's P.O.V.

We stopped at a spot that had sight of the fortress near another portal that I had never seen before. I sure hope they haven't checked around the place to much.

Olivia was in a small cave I had dug out and she had cover in ice. The heat was getting to her, and so this was the only way we could think of to help her.

Sky was sitting near the mouth of the cave, trying to cool off. He would probably be sitting in the mouth of the cave, but it was blocked by ice.

Then there was me. I was laying down in the open. No, I'm not burning to death. This armour has benefits to it. Since I'm a fire and lava dragon, I can't feel the heat, and if I fall in lava I'll be perfectly fine. The downside to fire and lava means I'm weak to water and cold temperatures, that's the reason I'm away from the ice cave thing.

I didn't realized that I had fallen asleep until I heard yelling. I sat up abruptly. I looked over to where Olivia and Sky had been resting and saw a creature darting around destroying the ice that was helping Olivia, and attacking both of them. I wonder why they ignored me? Oh well, now is not the time to wonder about that, I have to help.

I jumped to my feet, trying to see what the creature was. I couldn't, it's to far away, and it's moving to fast.

I saw Olivia fall over with a scream. That's it. I let my wings and tail appear, and dashed over to the scene.

It was running towards Sky, so I jumped in front of him. The creature leap right over my head and landed on Sky, knocking him out. It jumped off of him and flung fireballs towards the last few remaining pieces of ice before running away.

Not so fast. I snarled and flew after it. I can fly pretty fast, so I caught up with it quickly. I dropped to the ground, and pushed off my feet to land on it.

It screamed and struggled under my grasp, but I didn't let go. "Let me go!" It yelled. It's a girl.

I could see her better now. She wore red silk clothing that had yellow trimming. As she struggled she kept her eyes closed, but her brown hair flew around wildly. She had an iron sword by her side, but it was useless to her right now because I had both of her arms in my grasp.

I held onto her arms tightly, and pulled her back to the others. I saw small puddles of water where the had melted, and around Olivia. I turned some of the water into enough obsidian for what I needed.

I now had a small stick of obsidian. This will work just fine. I took the obsidian, and bent it around her wrists, and ankles to make sure she couldn't do anything. She looked at me with terror in her eyes. Her eyes were brown with flaming red around that.

I left her laying down on the ground, and prepared to risk my life to save Olivia's. I changed dragon types. To ice. I was completely pure white. The second the change was complete I could feel the heat probably worse than it actually was. I had to do this quickly or this would be a waste and both me and Olivia would die.

I covered the inside of the small cave with ice, and dragged Olivia in. I placed her on the ground and blew snow on her. Then I walked out and sealed the entrance with more ice.

Sky was stirring where he had been knocked out, and the girl was starring at my with eyes full of shock. I had to change quickly, I was getting weak.

I focused my remaining energy on changing back to fire and lava. I fell over. I saw the colour of my armour changing, now it didn't matter what happened, I would change to fire and lava.

Sky was fully awake now, and he ran over to my side. Everything was fading to darkness. I smiled. I know I'll live. Then everything went dark.

~-~-~-~-

Sky's P.O.V.

I groaned. The ground was warm beneath me. I pushed my self upwards into a sitting position. I saw the ice cave. Didn't it get destroyed? Then I saw Jolene.

She fell over as her armour started to turn from pure white to red and orange. I jumped up, and ran over to her. She smiled at something before she went limp.

I looked around, and saw a girl tied up and laying on the ground near the mouth of the ice cave. That girl, she had attack me and Olivia! "What did you do to her?!" I roared.

"N-nothing." She stuttered shrinking away from me. I looked around for my sword and found it back where I had just woken up. I walked over and grabbed it.

"What happened? Where's Olivia?" I questioned her.

"I-I don't know who you're talking about, but th-that girl over there jumped on me when I was r-running away, and she d-dragged me here where she tied me up w-with obsidian that she made. Th-then she became white, and c-covered the cave in that weird stuff, and d-dragged the other girl in there. Wh-when she came back out she s-sealed it up with more of th-that weird stuff. Sh-she then fell over ch-changing colour again, and you ran over to her. I-I think you know th-the rest." The girl replied. That explains how the ice cave is back.

I lowered my budder sword. "What's your name?" I asked her more kindly.

"Flame." She replied.

~-~-~-~-

AN

Yay! Another chapter! r u proud of meh? Anyways, @amv3933 is Flame, so go check her out.

This next part is for @amv3933, so the rest of you can ignore this. amv3933 if you want I can message you my email so you can send me a picture of the cover for this book you made.

BYE!!!!!!!!