Chapter One ✩

Olivia's point of view

"What about that one?" Noah chirps, pointing over to a handsome ginger and I shake my head fast.

"No, Noah!" I reply and lightly whack his arm with the binder. He yelps and looks at me sadly with his wide coffee brown eyes, he pouts a little and I huff. "Oh stop it."

"Olivia...," He whines, "Play nice.... Dad had dirty blonde hair and hazel eyes, but red hair people are fun!"

"Noah these men are for papa not for you," I tease him and smirked.

"I like girls," He snaps at me. His cheeks turned pink.

There was another handsome man passing by. He had blonde hair.... and green eyes!!  I gasp, shaking Noah while squealing. Unfortunately soon after, some girl ran into his arms and they kissed. The lady was pregnant too so there was no chance in getting the man to ditch the girl... Why was this so hard?

I sigh heavily and set the binder down. I pull my knees to my chest and rest my chin on my knees. I didn't like moments like these. It felt discouraging.

"Can't we just... pick any man?" Noah asks, softly. "We've been doing this for a year-- almost two now...."

"I don't think papa....," I sigh, "....We could try." I shrug and scan the park, trying to see if there were any cute guys around.

Noah gets the binder and opens it up, searching through the pages and pages of men that we had tried to set up our papa with. We could tell papa missed our dad... We noticed how he always sometimes paused to look at the pictures on the walls of our daddy from a few years ago.

We lost our dad in a car crash. Noah and I don't know much about it, but we knew daddy enough that we missed him too... We loved daddy a lot, but papa was the one most affected by it. Papa quit teaching for a while at the high school because he was suffering from so much grief.... Dad was his first love and that's what nearly killed him, mentally. Papa only kept going for us... It's only fair we help him find love.

A year after we lost our dad. It was during the cold harsh winters of Minnesota, papa went back to school to teach Korean and so far he seems better. He smiled more and laughed and talked more about how school went with the rowdy crowds of high schoolers. He also played more with us once we had finished our homework and took our naps. We traveled a little more too.

"What about, the new guy at the.... uhm... library? Papa might like him," Noah suggests, smiling.

"I guess as long as he's happy. Do you think papa is worried where we are?"

"Probably. We know how freaked out he gets when we disappear," He says while shrugging. As much as we loved papa, we still liked to cause trouble. It was fun and papa made it so amusing with his reactions.

I giggle and hold his hand, we walk hand in hand to find our papa calling out our names. He was getting weird looks and we laughed. Papa just didn't know what to do with us some days because being twins well, it means we get to be mischievous and we take full advantage of that little fact! At least that's what we saw in the animes we were allowed to watch.

Papa notices us and he looks mildly miffed, but he had a knack for keeping his temper. "Where were you guys? Do you wanna give me a heart-attack?"

"No papa!" We cry out and hug his legs tightly. "We're really sorry!"

"We were-"

"Just-"

"Playing!" We finish.

"Well, come on you guys. It's time to go home, it's lunch time and we're eating your favorite. Kimchi and soup!"