I took a knife from the table and positioned myself directly at the middle target.

(AN : I do not know anything about knife throwing... So I am just making up my own stuff here. Please don't quote me on this or correct me... because I'm probably wrong.)

"Balance yourself. Make sure your elbow is in this angle.... Then, throw the knife. Make sure your arm ends up in this position. If not, then it means you're wrong."

I threw the knife which whizzed straight towards the bullseye.

And before the initiates had time to gape, Tobias' voice sounded.

"Start now!"

The initiates took their knives and positioned themselves to throw.

Knives started to fly towards the targets, most being embedded at the stomach target like how we anticipated.

"For those who are having a hard time, stop throwing."

The sounds of metal hitting the targets all seized.

Wow, these initiates are stupid.

Tobias and I quickly went over, checking their positions and correcting their mistakes.

"Continue." I said after fixing their postions.

The sounds that once filled the area continued.

Because I showed Ali how to throw correctly, she was able to throw all of the 3 knives at the bullseye while the other initiates just gaped at her. She gave me a small wink just as her last knife flew to the head target of the person beside her.

I rolled my eyes.

Show off.

At least a minute passed and the initiates are finally getting the hang of knife throwing.

Knives started to appear in the head targets and almost everyone was able to get all the knives on the bullseye, except for one brazen Candor girl named, Roux, who, I saw, wasn't listening when I was correcting them on how to throw the knife properly.

I gave Ali a wink and a smirk, getting a knowing look from her in response.

"Stand in front of the target." Tobias said. "Six here will be throwing knives. You cannot flinch or you will be put in as last of the ranks."

She stood stiffly in front of the target as I got 3 knives.

I gave her a smirk as I played with the knife, throwing it back and forth between my hands.

She was turning pale, her body shaking in fright.

That's what you get for being cocky, idiot.

Without warning, I threw one of the knives near her elbow.

"Go a little nearer, maybe somewhere near the head?"

"You sure? I think little Roxy here flinched just a little bit when I threw the knife." I shrugged.

She let out a small whimper.