Different

The bell rang.

That's when she realised that her day was screwed. Though they did inform her , she hadn't really thought that they would actually come.
But then, was there actually part of her life that they had not been a part of?

She quickly washed her face and sprayed​ her house with rose scented air freshener and hoped that they wouldn't be able to make out any difference between ashes and rose.

She opened the door and saw a little boy and a woman her age outside.

"Hello! Im Sylvester but mummy calls me Syl!" The little boy said. He didn't look older than four and Ivy giggled. The lady too started to laugh.

"I apologize, I'm Aline , and that's my son."

Ivy nodded, smiling and invited them inside. She guessed that they were her new neighbours.

Sylvester started running around her living room while she told Aline to make herself comfortable.

"Does it rain much?" Aline asked. Ivy wanted to give a sarcastic answer , but decided against it."Yeah. A lot, actually. So, welcome to London! Where have you come from?" She asked, quite interested in the matter of Aline. She seemed different.

"Thank you. We just shifted from New York."

"Mummy, I'm hungry!" Sylvester whined. Just then the kettle whistled , indicating the tea was ready. Ivy excused herself and got up. She came back in a few minutes with tea and biscuits. Sylvester immediately took the biscuits and she gave Aline the tea.

~∆~∆~∆~∆~∆~∆~∆~∆~∆~∆~∆~∆~∆~∆~∆~

It had been about an hour since Sylvester was put to sleep and Aline came back with cookies. She had come to know a lot about her new neighbour. They were just about to go out for lunch when the bell rang. Again.
This time, she had a bad feeling. She went to open the door and saw the two people she had been expecting.
Her parents.
They barged in and gave these smiles which anyone would know were fake.

"Hello dear! I hope you got the invite" her father said.

She most definitely did get the invite and since she just wanted to get out , shook her head and answered with a a yes and tried to push them out before they saw her new friend. Unfortunately, her father had already seen Aline and Ivy didn't know that.

"Ivy , who is the lovely lady in your​ living room?" Her dad asked. It was too late to push them out and too early for Aline to know about her , so she introduced them.

"Mother , father , this is my neighbour , Aline. Aline , these are my parents , Uma and Oliver. Unfortunately , we were just about to get lunch so we will have to speak some other time , mother. It was good to see you." By this time , they were out the door and she had started to lock the door. Her parents left , in a rather grumpy mood , but then , her mother turned.

"Aline dear , you don't happen to be related to Dustin Lucero? I read about it in a magazine that he has a wonderful has called Aline and you look like him!"

As soon as mother mentioned 'Dusty Lunatic' , she seemed uncomfortable.

"Yes , I am Aline Lucero."

Before mother and father started going crazy , Ivy dragged her outside , trying to avoid an awkward situation.

"Thanks for that. And I'm guessing that you know about my brother too. He might seem like an angel , but he has his own problems. Syl and I being one of them." She sighed.

'No one deserves a brother who thinks of their own sister as a problem. I already knew he was mental.' she thought.

~∆~∆~∆~∆~∆~∆~∆~∆~∆~∆~∆~∆~∆~∆~∆~

" I don't like him."

"What do you mean?" Aline inquired. They were now at her apartment , eating Chinese with Sylvester sleeping in the room next to them.

"I don't like your brother , no offence. I mean , my parents like him! And they are off their rockers! He might be a good pianist , but that doesn't mean there's nothing fishy about him."

"Ivy, you are right. As I said, he has a lot of problems , but the thing is that no one knows what those problems are. He doesn't talk to anybody , always in that damned room of his and rarely sees anybody. It's getting quite difficult to tolerate him. I just thought that I was in the way so..."

"So you came here. How do you know that you're one of the problems if he hasn't even spoken to you?"

" Even my parents think I am a disgrace. And honestly , I'd rather stay away from them."

"You and me both , Aline. You and me both"

(A/N): hi.
It's an idea.
.....
R Signing Out ^_^'