➽ Chapter 2

"So you really want to go?" My dad asked from across the table.

"I don't know, kind of but then again I feel like I have so much to do here that it would be selfish to leave for so long." I took another bite of cereal.

"Kyls it's fine, if you want to go, then go, nothing is that important it can't wait a little while longer." He smiled.

Of course Hannah had called me after dinner to ask again if I wanted to come and like I thought she basically convinced me into it. I still felt bad, I would be leaving my dad alone and I wouldn't be able to train with my horses.

"Ya I guess you're right." I sighed, I didn't want to leave everyone but then again I did want to get away for a little and I'd never been to Colorado so why not.

Ring Ring Ring. "Hey it's Hannah, guess I can't come to the phone right now so either call me back or you know what to do at the beep." Her voicemail played.

I waited for the unmistakable beep and left her a message, "Hey Han, its Ky, so I guess I'm coming. Call me back so I can get the deats. Thanks." I said before hanging up.

"Okay so are you sure you have everything?" My dad asked for the millionth time. I counted my bags once again and nodded. It was early and boy was I tired. Something tells me this is going to be a long day, first a 7:00 am flight and then a long day of shopping.

"Okay well have a safe trip and call me when you guys get to the hotel." We both picked up a bag or two and headed out to Tyler's dad's awaiting car.

"I will dad." I shut the truck and walked to the back door of the car, after hugging my dad again I hoped in.

It was a fairly short drive from my house to the airport but Hannah and I fell asleep pretty quickly. By the time we woke up Tyler's dad was pulling up to the entrance of the airport. We all grabbed our bags from the back and dug out our tickets and passports. Checking in and security were relatively uneventful other than myself having to go through the metal detector countless times before they finally believed that it was metal rod and pins in my ankles.

"Okay I'm actually so ready to just be in Colorado." Hannah repeated, we had heard this sentence many times since we entered the airport. Hannah hated airports and she had an extreme fear of flying which never came in handy when we needed to fly somewhere. I was glad Tyler was with us because he always seems to be able to calm her down better than anyone else.

Finally, at 6:30 the plane began boarding. We had decent seats, the three of us were sitting together at least. Luckily since Hannah wanted to be in the middle and Tyler didn't care, I managed to get the window seat which was great, I always loved sitting next to window and being able to look out and see the everything beneath us as tiny little specks.

Plus the view made great pictures.

Photography was one thing that I could do for hours. I could sit outside for hours taking pictures of god knows what, rain or shine. No matter where I was I always had a camera with me, whether it was my small digital camera or one of my nice DSLR cameras.

"Hey picture, okay?" I dug my small Nikon digital camera out of my bag and turned it on. We all leaned in towards each other and smiled, I snapped a few pictures before turning it around and looking through them.

It wasn't a long flight, only about 4 hours. Hannah was pretty calm for the duration of the flight except when we hit a batch of turbulence mid way through the flight.

"Thank you for flying WestJet, please consider us for your next vacation" A voice said over the intercom. Tyler handed us our carry-on bags and we made our way towards the front of the plane.

"Have a great day." One of the stewardesses said with an all too fake smile. I never understood why they couldn't just be happy instead of plastering overly fake smiles on their face and using way too cheery voices.

"Thanks." We all muttered before walking through the terminal and out to the customs lines.

"I thought you said you rented a car." I spat. Hannah had said she'd called a car service and made sure we'd have a car here to take us to our hotel when we arrived.

"I did and they said they'd be here. I swear I did." She scanned the line of waiting cars but still could not find anything.

"Whatever, I'm not waiting, let's call a cab or something." I replied.

After calling a cab and waiting for it to arrive we finally got to our hotel and checked in. We got a suite with two queen sized beds, a small kitchen area with a microwave, a full-sized refrigerator and a sink. The room was nice but Hannah was right when she said we wouldn't likely spend much time in here other than sleeping.

She was right, once we put our stuff away in the room and called our parents back home we headed out. Hannah and I had agreed on going to Cherry Creek Mall to do some shopping.

"This place is huge!" Hannah exclaimed as we walked up to the entrance. None of the malls we had back home were nearly this big and none of them had nearly this many stores. As we walked in it was hard to believe you could actually finish going through this entire place in a day.

"Where to first?" Hannah asked, her eyes had lit up like a kid in a candy store once we walked in.

"Let's find a directory." I suggested.

We scanned over the list of stores, trying to pinpoint which we wanted to visit and where they were in proximity to us.

"Okay I think Forever 21 is like right over," I pointed down and to the left, "There."

"Okay let's head there first then and then we can just keep walking and see what we find."

"What do you think of this?" I came out of the dressing room in a pair of faux leather leggings and a loose fitting pink acid wash top with a pair of black boots with buckles.

"Oh that's cute. You should get that!" She cooed, Hannah had on a floral skater dress and a pair of black suede peep toed heels.

"Ya I like it, I like those shoes too but that dress is so not you." I could never picture her wearing something like that. It was on the other side of the spectrum of things she wears.

"Ya I was thinking the same thing but ya I may get the shoes, they're cute." She examined them again in the mirror before we both went back into the dressing room.

"And your total comes to $283.63." The cashier said.

I looked over at Hannah who had heard the total. We both pulled the 'woah that's a lot of money' face. I had went a bit insane on what I bought, probably 15 or so items but I knew when I came on this trip that I'd be coming home with a ton of new clothes.

After going through countless more stores and collecting countless more bags we decided to head back to the hotel and get ready for dinner.

"So that was a successful day." Hannah joked as we tried to shove all our bags in the trunk of the taxi we'd called.

"One of many." A joking smile crept across my face.

"Now I'm fucking starving so let's go back." She laughed.