E I G H T

*Previously on Copyright*

“This is my girlfriend,” Liam stretched out the word. “She’s here to see me and the lads, Celine.”

I nearly choked on air. Miranda started breathing deeply, a look of horror across her features as she took a step back. The receptionist, Celine apparently, pursed her lips as she watched us carefully.

“Well then,” Celine let out a deep breath, giving me a tight smile. “I hope everything goes well for you two. I’m guessing you two aren’t out to the public?”

I decided that I shouldn’t play dumb and speak up, so I did. “N-no, we want to wait until the time is right. That’s why I was so surprise, b-because, uh, Liam here didn’t want anyone to know before.”

Miranda was staring at the ground.

“You guys are so cute together!” Celine looked like she had to force the words out. She turned to Miranda. “And you are…?”

“She’s my sister,” I smiled. “Miranda.”

She looked up and gave a tiny wave.

“Well,” Liam said, ready to get away. “We’ll be going now. Bye, Celine!”

“See you guys,” Celine replied, a nauseating tone in her voice.

The three of us walked away, Miranda next to me and me next to Liam as we turned a few corners and went down several hallways. After an elevator ride to the eighth floor, we were finally in front of a room with the label One Direction.

“Oh!” Liam said quickly, stopping us before we could go inside. He turned to face my sister. “I don’t think I properly introduced myself. I’m Liam.”

Miranda snorted, rolling her eyes playfully. “I’m pretty sure most of the world knows that.”

“Touche,” Liam laughed along. I smiled at how they were getting along before Liam opened the door, revealing the studio.

The first thing I noticed was the plaques and records on the wall, clearly showing the major success of One Direction. The room was painted a deep red color that reminded me of roses, and the couches were all black leather.

Louis was lying down on one of the couches, his feet up on the other end. Niall was sitting down on a chair, holding a guitar and strumming it softly. Zayn and Harry shared another couch opposite of Louis, chatting lightly. They all looked up when we walked in.

“Carter!” Niall called, quickly getting up after carefully putting down his guitar. He rushed up to me, enveloping me in a long warm hug before letting go and going to Miranda. “And you must be in the famous Miranda,” he laughed, his voice booming in the room as he hugged her too.

Miranda seemed stunned as she returned the hug, her eyes wide as she tried not to stare at the boys in front of us too much.

“You don’t seem that crazy,” Harry grinned, getting up and shaking Miranda’s hand. “I was expecting you to come in screaming.”

Zayn waved at the both of us as Louis yelled, “Carter and her sister!” He threw up his arms, gesturing around the room. “Welcome to our humble studio.”

“I wouldn’t really call this humble,” I said, walking further into the room.

Louis shrugged, “Hey, you get used to it.”

I laughed, about to say something else when Zayn started talking. “How’d you guys get past Celine? Liam didn’t know when you guys were going and he had to rush down there before anything too drastic happened.”

I stopped, giving Liam a wary look before glancing at Miranda who seemed slightly annoyed.

“Oh yeah,” Liam chuckled nervously and started scratching his neck. “About that…”

“Well?” Niall leaned against the wall, waiting for an answer.

“We sort of…told her we were dating?”

Niall, Louis, Harry, and Zayn looked taken aback at Liam’s response, all of them looking between me and him as I nearly began to squirm under their gazes.

“Well,” Harry said slowly, still trying to process everything. “That was…unexpected.”

“Yeah,” Liam walked over to the couch, shoving Louis’ legs off before flopping down. “It was a spur of the moment decision and I didn’t know what else to do.”

“I mean, I’m fine with it,” I shrugged. “It’s just that I need an excuse to be here all the time, and yeah…”

Louis smiled. “Celine will probably tell management, no doubt. So you’re probably going to get a lot of shit, Liam.”

“I’ve gone through worse,” is all he replied with.

Miranda decided to speak up at that moment. “Hey, you guys don’t mind if I talk to Carter for a minute, right?”

Niall chuckled, “She is your sister! Go ahead.”

“Thanks,” Miranda called before pulling me out of the room.

I had a few ideas of what she was going to talk to me about, and boy, was I right.

A/N wow this chapter is really short. sorry about that. thank you for nearly 10k though! unbelievable