"Bridgette?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows and peering behind her into the bedroom.

"Hello, lover," she smirked, twirling the duster that she had in her hand around. I cleared my throat and took a step back to which she stepped forward. I took another step back to which she stepped forward again. I sighed and placed my hands on her waist.

"I'm looking for the princess," I explained, ignoring her actions when she reached down and intwined our fingers, "have you seen her?"

She hummed in response as she eyed my lips.

"Nope, can't say I have," she murmured, leaning closer. I sighed and took a step back again, causing her to frown at me.

"As much as I'd like to," I reasoned, "I need to find the princess."

"And why is that," she asked, "are you going to lay with her as well?"

To this, I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Bridgette, you know that what this is, will only last until my marriage. After that, I am fully devoting myself to the princess." I reminded her. I had told her this plenty of times during our escapades yet she still couldn't seem to get it through her mind.

"Like that makes this any better," she scoffed, "you're still being unfaithful now."

"How? I'm not even with her," I replied.

"So? You're currently promised to her," she explained, "you should be focusing on getting to know her, and yet you're here with me. You're here with me, the girl whom you occasionally spend your nights with for pleasure that you know you can't get from anyone else."

I rose an eyebrow and stepped closer.

"You and I both know that I can end this as fast as I started it. Don't expect things from me, Bridgette. It's just pleasure between us and it will remain that way. My future is tied with Eliana's and there's nothing we can do to change it."

"There must be a way," she pouted, coming closer to me. I frowned and stepped back into the hallway.

"I don't want there to be a way. My parents chose this girl for me and despite how many times I have disobeyed them, I wish to honor them through their choice of wife," I reasoned. She scoffed and stepped forward.

"Let's go into your room right now," she suggested, sliding her hands up my chest and around my neck. She leaned closer on me, enough so that I was able to smell the scent of her hair and get intoxicated by it, as always. I placed my hands on her hips and found myself leaning in when she began to do so.  My eyes fluttered shut and just before our lips were able to touch, I found myself backing away quickly.

"I have to find the princess," I said. I began walking down the hallway.

~

I managed to find Eliana in the gardens. I was surprised when I found her alone, sitting down on a bench with a book in hand. As I was approaching her, I noticed how her brown hair was illuminated under the sun, some of it falling in front of her like a small curtain. I found myself wondering what it would feel like to run my fingers through it.

Pretty rough, I assume.

I chuckled at my own thoughts and quickly straightened myself up before walking up in front of her. She didn't seem to notice me at first so I cleared my throat.