I walked up to the reception desk before laying my elbows on to the top of the counter.

The receptionist in front of me had blonde highlighted hair and pale pink lips. She wore a locket around her neck and the usual uniform.

"How can I help?" She smiled my way warmly and I smiled in return.

"Has a Kyle Knight signed in by any chance?" I asked her with a sheepish expression. I didn't want to sound stupid, especially is he hadn't actually come here.

The lady looked down at the bookings which weirdly was by book and not on computer. She scanned down the page before looking up.

"He has. He's in room 212. Is he your boyfriend?" Her head was cocked to the side slightly. It gave off the impression that she was curious, not nosey.

"Husband." I stated. We were young so it was only right for her to assume we were together that way, little did she know how connected we really were. She didn't even look a little taken back. She just nodded and smiled again.

"Cute. You may go up if you like. Take the elevator on the left." She pointed to her right, which was my left and I smiled her way before going.

The elevator seemed to take longer to get to the top than anything I've been in before. Kyle had only left an hour ago, but now, I was feeling the nerves. My heart was beating wildly; I was alive, but empty.

As soon as the elevator pinged, I'm sure my heart went with it. Just as I was about to walk out of the elevator, I bumped in to a body I knew all too well.

"What are you doing here?" Kyle asked as he took hold of my shoulders, stopping me from falling backwards. He looked down at me and took a step back.

His eyes seemed red, redder than they were before he left. His hair seemed a mess and I couldn't believe how much his appearance changed even in the hour.

"I need answers." I said firmly. He was going to tell me this time. We had to communicate, we had to work through this not just run away from eachother.

"Cali...not now." He gritted through his teeth. He seemed to be getting angry and I wasn't even going to think about backing down now.

I didn't know what I was doing but I had to do something.

"Yes now!" I hissed. I didn't want others hearing us, I didn't want to seem like that couple.

"No, Cali. I told you to leave me be."

"Well I can't. You're my husband for fuck sake!" My voice was getting louder and I knew it. But he aggravated me, so much I just wanted to hit some sense in to him. I needed him to tell me what the matter was. I needed to help, at least to try and do something.

"Be fucking quiet." He whispered harshly before grabbing me by the elbow and pulling me to his room. He flung his keys from out of his pocket and opened the door swiftly. He pulled my inside.

"Get off me!" I barked out. He did as he was told. He lodged his hands in to his hair angrily before pulling his hands down.

"A couple of days I asked for and you can't even give me that." He shook his head. I shrinked back a little. It felt as if I couldn't give him his space, what if I was suffocating him? That wasn't my intention at all.

"Look-"

"No, you look! You don't know next to nothing at the moment. You can't even give me fucking space when I ask for it. Are you that selfish?" He barked out. I shrinked back even further. Kyle was never this aggressive verbally.