The Best Medicine

I was about to go to sleep after the encounter with the nurse droid. Her bright florescent lights and the camera had frightened me. I had just turned my back to face the wall when the door slid open.  In walked the governess. I automatically knew it was her. The way her heels clicked against the tile in a confident way. Her stride slow and calm. I rolled over.

               Before speaking, she checked her watch. She then began to talk. "I have heard that you were rescued from a holographic glitch a week ago. Someone asked for a fireplace on their tablet and they having a Crimson 3.0, he thought the order was for him. He bought a lighter and lit the house on fire." A small chuckle escaped from her mouth.

               She seemed like a nice friend to have when she didn't sound like a pre-programed Crimson. She settled herself quickly but seemed to not look like a governess anymore, but a colleague I had been working with, always. "The president has made it public about the extension of our barriers. He thinks you should be there personally when he announces it. So he has funded you with the highest quality medicine out there strictly for his use. But, knowing him. He bent the rules a bit.

               She held a small flat pill. And placed it in my IV. It created bubbles and dissolved at lightning speed. A few seconds after she dropped it in I felt like I had in the dream. The room came out of focus and all I could hear was her heels clicking away in the distance. My eyes dropped and a peaceful dreamless sleep came over me.