Mornings

Today started like any other. I was awake my eyelids so heavy I just layed there. A small groan escaped my mouth sounding sorta like my assistant's name, Crimson. A small drone flew in carrying a small pod that continuously rang until I sat up in my bed still squinting from the bright sunlight. The beams of sun glistened on my face like liquid fountains of gold. I looked out the window of my apartment, the 285 story building was small compared to others in the city, but spacious it was. The apartment I had was larger than most boutiques in the mall. The Crystalium walls were strong, fireproof, waterproof, windproof, and of all of those the best, stain proof. "Crimson!" I hollered in the creaky voice I should have lost by now. The small drone came in and asked in the little voice I had programmed him to have. "Hello, Good morning Ratchel!" "It's Rachel, Crimson. What am I having for breakfast?" I croaked. A bright light  glitched into focus and showed a holographic menu of breakfast. "Yaaawn""i'll take the honeycomb muffin." "Ok! I will tell Rosetta."

Rosetta was one of the 50 city chefs in town 5693. And prepared Food for the 2nd ranking citizens.  I will never be in the top 10. For I was an Astronaut in the top 20 people out of 2,000, and would never be able to be a governess or president even. But is was better than the 50th ranking, (the lowest anyone can get.) Just then, in the smallest sound possible, I heard Crimson walk in. After the shock of coming out of my daze. I heard Crimson saying that there was a town meeting.