t h i r t e e n | a s h w i u m

Começar do início

"I? I am Hunter Alexander Bazzi! You're sexy older brother," he said and grinned obnoxiously.

"I hate you," I nearly cry out.

"Adrianna, you have seven minutes to get your ass out of bed and be ready to go downstairs. Or we're doing this my way," he said in a threatening voice. Oh fine!

I got up and made up my bed. I hopped in the shower and once I was done, I wore my lightwashed jean shorts and armless knit crop top. I tied my huaraches and got my phone from the charger.

"You took an extra fifteen minutes," Hunter stated blankly as soon as I stepped out of my room.

"I'm sorry," I replied sarcastically.

"You better be, darling," he said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes and we both burst out laughing. We made our way downstairs and into the kitchen where our parents were already seated. The table was also set and there was so much food.

"Adrianna, Hunter!" His mom greeted.

"Good morning," I said with a bright smile.

"Morning," Hunter muttered. We took a seat next to each other and I swear I saw Hunter's mom and my dad's eyes light up. Oh my god, are they serious!?

"So-"

"I'm not marrying her."

"I'm not marrying him."

We said it simultaneously, not even bothering to hear the rest of their thoughts. Obvious shock was written on their faces. Like they weren't expecting that.

"But what about the company!" Jonas exclaimed.

Hunter scoffed beside me, "Please dad, who is it benefitting marrying each other. And I mean Adrianna isn't even interested in business. And she's my bestfriend, why would I marry my bestfriend? Who am I gonna talk with when I have a problem with girls," he whined at the last part.

"You guys are in love with each other," his mom deadpanned. Oh my god.

"Actually, I might have to disagree."

"OH MY GOD. THANK YOU DAD!"

"Because I think she's in love with other guy, Phoenix. They go to school together and I heard they're very close," he smirked.

"Okay nevermind. I hate you," I whined.

"Phoenix what?" Jonas asked, eyeing me suspiciously.

"Um Worthington?" And I swear Hunter tensed beside me.

"Oh! The Worthington's are lovely people," his mom said, oblivious to the tension that grew in the air. They knew Phoenix?

"I'm sure Adrianna agrees, yes?" Dad was smirking obnoxiously and I wanted to kill him.

"You're so mean," I said blankly with an urge to smack him.

"Awh Hunter, are you heartbroken. Your love has found someone new?" Jonas teased.

"Heartbroken? Very. She's gonna leave me," Hunter whined.