Chapter 14: Found

Cecelia nodded her head excitedly at the idea of ditching the party before I dragged her outside hand in hand

Cecelia nodded her head excitedly at the idea of ditching the party before I dragged her outside hand in hand. As soon as we passed the doors we started running a little faster to try and put as much distance as we could from the party. We usually did this, ran away from all the attention to be alone. At some point guards would come searching for her and I would call a night. Tonight I wanted to be alone with her for all new reasons.

We ran to the oak tree, our laughter in the air. As soon as we were on the other side of the tree, I pulled Cecelia against my body and kissed her soft lips. Her hands immediately clenched my shoulders before kissing me back. It was heated, frantic, as if we were trying to get enough of each other but it could never be enough.

God, I have been waiting for this since the day in the market. Loving Cecelia was like flying too close to the sun. You felt like you were on top of the world but yet it was so dangerous and your mind could get carried away by how high you could get. It was worth it though. Every heartbreak that was to come after, it would be worth it.

Our foreheads rested on each other's as we tried to catch our breaths. My hand reached for her cheek in which she leaned into. "I love you Cece."

She bit her bottom lip, her eyes twinkling in unshed tears. "I love you too Jay."

It never got old hearing that. It spread a fire through my body. I pulled back slightly reaching for the necklace in my pocket. "I got a present for you."

I pulled out the necklace I stole from Killian the thief. I had polished it the night before. It now twinkled in the night, the moonlight illuminating it's beauty.

Cecelia's eye widened as she stared at it. "It's- it's beautiful. Jasper... you shouldn't have."

I shook my head and met her beautiful eyes. "I saw it and thought of you. It seemed like your type."

She nodded her head. "It is. I like different things."

I motioned for her to turn so that I may put the necklace on her. She moved her blond hair to the side so that I would be able to clasp it. I still did not get why they made the clasps so small and hard to function. After struggling, I finally got it on.

"I know you do, you like me after all," I pointed out teasingly. I placed a light kiss on the side of her neck before whispering in her ear. "All done."

Cecelia involuntarily shivered before turning to face me. "You are the best kind of different Jasper."

No one seemed to think that way but her. She always saw the good in things others refused to see. That was one of the many things that made me fall in love with her.

After retracing our initials on the tree, we sat down on the grass, my back to the tree and Cecelia leaning against me. We made shapes of the constellations. Cecelia used to do it a lot with her Grandmother Liana when she was a kid. She was better at spotting them than I was.