Chapter 13: Birthday

I crawled through Cecelia's window very early in the morning, earlier than usual

I crawled through Cecelia's window very early in the morning, earlier than usual. I knew today she would be busy from the moment she opened her eyes. Before I could take another step forward one of her servants was at the window shooing me off.

"No time for you today," she said trying to push me to the door.

"Please Martha, just give me a moment," I tried to bargain turning my head around Cecelia's large room trying to find her. "Cece!"

The servant kept pushing me. God she was strong.

Cecelia was no where in sight.

"Cece!"

"Shush it! You'll wake up the whole royal family!" Martha tried to silence me while still pushing me.

Cecelia finally emerged out of her bathroom, with her silk robe tied around her body. I eyed her from head to toe... wow. God damn... she was beautiful. Cecelia seemed to notice me checking her out because she was turning red.

"What is going on here?" she asked looking back and forth from her servant and me.

I gave her a wide grin. "I just wanted to wish you a good morning."

She raised an amused brow. "All this commotion for a good morning?"

"And happy birthday," I winked. This earned a laugh from the princess.

"Thank you Jay," she smiled sincerely. I really wished we were alone right now instead of with Martha with her abnormally strong grip on my shoulder. We stared at each other with twinkling eyes and dopey smiles before Martha began pushing me out again.

"I'll see you tonight!" I yelled over my shoulder right before the servant pushed me out and closed the door in my face. I rubbed my shoulder, rotating back. She should join the guard with her upper body strength. You won this time Martha.

I stuffed my hands in my pockets and whistled a happy tune. Today was going to feel so long. Everyone was busy with preparations for Cecelia's birthday, I couldn't cause any harm because I wouldn't want to ruin her party. She started hating hosting parties for her birthday, she said she preferred just a night with me and her family rather than all these random people. I couldn't blame her, her cheeks always hurt from fake smiling at the end of the night.

"Can't you just leave me alone?" I heard a familiar voice.

As angry as I was, I was glad for some fun.

I rounded the corner to find Angelo surrounded by the three boys that had tried to pour flour on him last month. Were they idiots? Did they not learn.

"Come on Ange, we just want to be friends," said the tallest one from them. Friends? Yeah right.

I walked towards them putting my arms around their shoulders. "Hey boys."